Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
I live in Vancouver and it is not as bad as everybody says :) There are jobs here, it is true that it is very expensive here (taxes, housing etc.) but for me, it is worth it. People here are nice, not xenophobic and you can get a good job, if you try hard enough.

TKaur81

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19/10/2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/01/2012
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting..
veri said:
I live in Vancouver and it is not as bad as everybody says :) There are jobs here, it is true that it is very expensive here (taxes, housing etc.) but for me, it is worth it. People here are nice, not xenophobic and you can get a good job, if you try hard enough.
Hi Veri

Thankyou for posting that, its made me feel better, I'd heard a lot of negativity about BC and it had me a little worried, I have some friends and family there so naturally I thought it would be the better place for me to land, when I go next year. Do you mind if I ask what you work as? I will need to get a 'survival' job when I first get there as I won't be able to work as an RN straight away. I've always found most the people friendly everytime I have visited vancouver...

Tina

TracyS

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
We live in a remote part of BC where jobs are scarce. My husband was still able to find work by literally knocking on doors and asking. There are jobs around, you may not do what you used to do but if you have an open mind then you should find work :)

Redd

Mar 27, 2011
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
weather wise BC has the best climate!Do not take everything for granted!Come to BC and experience it.There are so many jobs here!I live in Surrey and feel at home here.You need to be patient and that's all.First take a survival job,settle with your family and after some time you will find success all the way.The Key for success is to be patient and set a goal!Life is a challenge!!!!Face it!

TKaur81

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19/10/2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/01/2012
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Redd said:
weather wise BC has the best climate!Do not take everything for granted!Come to BC and experience it.There are so many jobs here!I live in Surrey and feel at home here.You need to be patient and that's all.First take a survival job,settle with your family and after some time you will find success all the way.The Key for success is to be patient and set a goal!Life is a challenge!!!!Face it!
Hi Redd!!

Its good to hear from someone with a positive spin on this thread, I'm coming to vancouver from the UK and I will also need to get a 'survival' job when I get there...is it easy to get those? Are canadian employers willing to take on people with no canadian experience in even a survival job? I'm also looking at surrey for rental places as I heard the prices are not too bad?? Are there a lot of jobs in retail as I wouldnt mind a survival job in that area...Im quite nervous but excited about moving over there...

Tina :)

Redd

Mar 27, 2011
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Tina,
Among other places in Surrey ,Guildford is an affordable and safe place to live with many immigrants specially if you live near the shopping malls.
Just Google on job sites such as indeed,Craigslist, you`ll have an idea of jobs in demand.Your friends and family will surely help you.
First just get registered with an employment center and they`ll guide you.
Good luck and always be positive !!!

TKaur81

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19/10/2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
13/01/2012
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting..
Redd said:
Hi Tina,
Among other places in Surrey ,Guildford is an affordable and safe place to live with many immigrants specially if you live near the shopping malls.
Just Google on job sites such as indeed,Craigslist, you`ll have an idea of jobs in demand.Your friends and family will surely help you.
First just get registered with an employment center and they`ll guide you.
Good luck and always be positive

Hi Redd : )

Guildford? Hmm does it have good Skytrain links? affordable sounds good! and a safe place to live will be one my priorities,. Whereabouts did you settle in BC? Do you enjoy life out there?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guilford does not have direct access to Skytrains. I heard safety is a concern in Surrey skytrain stations. If you want shopping malls in Surrey with direct access to skytrains, try Central City Shopping Centre.

The question whether or not "you enjoy life out there" is sort of personal preference. One of my cousins who likes to hang out around Chinese shopping areas and restaurants would enjoy life in Richmond and Vancouver and would not consider to live elsewhere.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
ARE THEY ANY JOBS IN HEALTH CARE AT BC .. AM FROM PHYSICAL THERAPY BACKGROUND

LOOKING TO MOVE VERY SOON TO VANCOUVER

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED

Paradise

Dec 19, 2011
Hello Everybody,

How is Surrey to stay, I am a bachelor, how much it will cost, if I look out for a sharing apartment.

Need to know about the Hospitality industry, I do have UK experience and right now I am a restaurant manager in a 5* property in India, will I get it in the same level after applying or should I be prepared for the survival jobs.

What is the minimum wage, Canadian employer pays, I came to know from one of my friend who attended CIIP that the maximum wage per hours goes to
20 - 23 dollars per hour, but minimum wage what can I expect.

If I need to upgrade as per Canadian qualification, what is the course I can choose in Hospitality as I already have completed Bachelor's in Hospitality in India.

Best regards,

info-gc

Star Member
Nov 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the 6 years I 've lived in BC, I spent most of my time on different EI - related social programs, doing menial, labor intensive jobs and retraining. No one needs me for fuck!

tanus

Mar 15, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2010
Med's Request
26-02-2011
Med's Done....
02-02-2011
Interview........
No interview call
Passport Req..
22-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2011
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
I have came across on all your views about staying in BC. IT is very much true that hard to stay in BC. I never understand why Canadian system in uppermost.
I am having Nursing diploma (3yrs) from India, Community welfare diploma (2yrs) from Australia, Bachelor of Nursing from Australia. more than 5 yrs clinical experience (3yrs as a Nurse in India and 2 yrs as a health Care aide/ registered nurse assistant.....still I am jobless
Money wise, BC government robbing immigrants by charging high taxes, car insurance and other taxes.
before moving to Canada I was in Australia on student visa and while staying in Australia, I was worrying about how to get PR in Australia, but meanwhile I got Canadian PR and I decided to move here. In Australia I was earning good. paying less taxes, less car insurance.
But In Canada, my status has changed, now I am not a student, I am A resident Of Canada but no job.........
How easy to live with out job .....one can imagine who is having wife and a son.
I have done lot of mistakes in my life but this is the BIGGEST mistake I have ever done in my life that I left Australia and I moved here in BC.
hope to fix this....
BC government is bankrupt and all depends on people's money and sometime it make me life when they side "best place on earth" best F****** place to live .........................................

low

Star Member
Dec 31, 2009
I've lived for 5 years in toronto and now in vancouver. Based on my experience, cost of living in BC is much higher than Toronto. Everything from housing to shopping and groceries. TTC is an excellent way to move around in Toronto but here in BC, car is pretty much a MUST so monthly petrol, car insurance r lardy fixed items on the budget. We r a family of 4 and averagely we spend about $3000-3500/month on necessities. In Toronto, I can get cheap and quality off season clothes for my kids for $10 or less but can't seem to find anything decent here in BC. As u know, kids grow out of their clothes very fast so I really dislike spending too much on clothes for them. Closest would be the outlet malls across the border but that is a different story.

Try to research in advance and if possible, bring a bit more money to sustain your living here while looking for jobs. Nobody knows how long it takes for the 1st job to come by so best be prepared.

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
after landing in Toronto as my destination after few days can I move to Quebec/Montreal? Cant FSWP never switch to Quebec/Montreal after landing any other destination?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wan2no said:
after landing in Toronto as my destination after few days can I move to Quebec/Montreal? Cant FSWP never switch to Quebec/Montreal after landing any other destination?
Why resurrect an old thread when there is nothing in your question related to BC?