+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Bank statement necessary if I guaranteed funding from the University for PhD?

Jan 23, 2016
Dears

I want to ask about the visa process. I'm currently preparing my documents to obtain visa so I can travel to Canada for PhD studies. I was accepted at a university and I have secured funding from my adviser "I have a document stating that I have funding from my adviser". I heard that I need to submit a bank statement but I don't have a bank statement and my family also don't have savings. I relay completely on the funding that I will obtain. Is providing the funding document from the university is enough for me so I can apply for visa??? What do you advise me regarding this issue?

Thank you

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engfrompalestine said:
Dears

I want to ask about the visa process. I'm currently preparing my documents to obtain visa so I can travel to Canada for PhD studies. I was accepted at a university and I have secured funding from my adviser "I have a document stating that I have funding from my adviser". I heard that I need to submit a bank statement but I don't have a bank statement and my family also don't have savings. I relay completely on the funding that I will obtain. Is providing the funding document from the university is enough for me so I can apply for visa??? What do you advise me regarding this issue?

Thank you
Are you traveling alone or with family? If the funding covers the minimum financial requirements (Tuition + Living expenses) for yourself without accompanying dependents, you should be fine. To be on the safe side, you have to demonstrate so via LOE added to your financial documents explanation that the funding is more than enough for your well-being.

Jan 23, 2016
Thank you for your reply

I'm traveling alone and the money should cover the basic financial requirements. What is LOE??? It will be so helpful if you explain to me.
Thanks again

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engfrompalestine said:
Thank you for your reply

I'm traveling alone and the money should cover the basic financial requirements. What is LOE??? It will be so helpful if you explain to me.
Thanks again
That will be a Letter of Explanation. Make some research of what IRCC states as Basic Financial Requirements. When I was applying back in 2013, the minimum was tuition for 1 year + expenses for all family members. Check what is the threshold these days.

Jan 23, 2016
Thanks again for your reply.

I don't know exactly from where I can find this information but the funding that I have obtained should cover the minimum requirements that you have mentioned. Thanks again.

Jan 23, 2016
May I ask you if you are familiar with University of New Brunswick??? Is it a good university in Canada and what are my chances of securing an academic position in Canada after obtaining a PhD from UNB??

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
engfrompalestine said:
May I ask you if you are familiar with University of New Brunswick??? Is it a good university in Canada and what are my chances of securing an academic position in Canada after obtaining a PhD from UNB??
Any university that provides PhD programs are good standards, especially in Canada. Securing an academic position depends on a lot of factors.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
engfrompalestine said:

UNB is a good university. Academic position is very very competitive.