+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is Bachelor of Medicine equivalent to a degree, post secondary diploma of at least two years in Canada?

KIKY_YAU

Aug 29, 2022
IRCC just gave me 10 days to explain. I am a Bachelor of Medicine. I am applying for the Canada Hong Kong pathway open work permit, and IRCC said that he wanted me to explained my educational credential “ is equivalent to a degree, post secondary diploma of at least two years or a post-graduate diploma or certificate of at least one year in Canada”. But now my WES degree certification is “Five years of professional study in traditional Chinese medicine”. Please tell me whether my education meets the requirements of IRCC?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IRCC just gave me 10 days to explain. I am a Bachelor of Medicine. I am applying for the Canada Hong Kong pathway open work permit, and IRCC said that he wanted me to explained my educational credential “ is equivalent to a degree, post secondary diploma of at least two years or a post-graduate diploma or certificate of at least one year in Canada”. But now my WES degree certification is “Five years of professional study in traditional Chinese medicine”. Please tell me whether my education meets the requirements of IRCC?
It does not sound like you meet the educational requirements based on what you've written above.

Your bachelor has been assessed as five years of studies but it's not the equivalent of a completed degree / diploma / certificate in Canada.

Reactions: canuck78