+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is AVR Applicable for new H1B without stamping ?

asshruff

May 4, 2017
My H1b was recently approved and I was on OPT before that, my COPR is only valid till dec 21st. Unfortunately, I could not find any appointment for H1B stamping in canada before dec 21st, following are my questions
  1. If I enter canada without the h1b for COPR stamping and then return back with a valid i94 and i797 document. Is AVR still applicable ?
  2. All the documentation mentions an expired visa but my visa is not yet stamped, so does AVR apply in my scenario ?
USCIS documentation is a little confusing since they mention that a visa should have expired. Please advise

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
My H1b was recently approved and I was on OPT before that, my COPR is only valid till dec 21st. Unfortunately, I could not find any appointment for H1B stamping in canada before dec 21st, following are my questions
  1. If I enter canada without the h1b for COPR stamping and then return back with a valid i94 and i797 document. Is AVR still applicable ?
  2. All the documentation mentions an expired visa but my visa is not yet stamped, so does AVR apply in my scenario ?
USCIS documentation is a little confusing since they mention that a visa should have expired. Please advise
Hi asshruff,

Can you please tell me what did you do in this scenario. I'm in the same situation with an expired F1 visa but valid I797/I94. Eagerly awaiting your reply back.

Thanks,
Rohit