+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a UK transit visa required from Delhi to Toronto via Muscat and London?

thedreamsaver

Aug 4, 2019
I will be traveling to Toronto from Delhi on a really long haul flight.

My itinerary will be
Delhi to Muscat - Oman Air
Overnight Layover
Muscat to London - Oman Air
Overnight Layover
London to Toronto - Air Canada

Now I want to know if I should get a transit visa for the UK?
The https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa website says I don't need a transit visa if I have a valid Canadian visa.
But I want to go out and explore London on my layover. Is that possible without a transit visa?

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Apart from valid Canada Visa, other condition is to have the connecting flight before midnight next day, else you would need the transit visa.

I'm also on same boat, with overnight layover in London.

sunny1977

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
if u have a layover of more than 8hrs and ur next connecting flight is before 23.59 next day, u r eligible to go out with a transit visa.dont fill any address where u r going else u will be charged around 6k inr.in my case i had a layover of 20hrs on d way to newyork n got free transit visa .

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
if u have a layover of more than 8hrs and ur next connecting flight is before 23.59 next day, u r eligible to go out with a transit visa.dont fill any address where u r going else u will be charged around 6k inr.in my case i had a layover of 20hrs on d way to newyork n got free transit visa .
Minor mistake corrected -
if u have a layover of more than 8hrs and ur next connecting flight is before 23.59 next day, u r eligible to go out with a transit visa transiting without visa. aka TWOV.

That means you can stay land side without visa (TWOV), if you fulfill the below conditions -

Code:
https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

You might be eligible for ‘transit without visa’ if:

you arrive and depart by air
have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)
One of the following must also apply:

you’re travelling to (or on part of a reasonable journey to) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country