+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a support letter from family doctor a appropriate evidence?

goodLuck2U

Oct 4, 2018
Hello! I am new to the Forum. I would like to have your advise about whether a support letter from family doctor is a appropriate document to submit.

I met my partner's family doctor several times when I accompanied with my partner in the doctor's office. My partner told me that the doctor likes me because she could see I am really care about my partner, and also my partner cares about me. Also, my partner's health situation got significant improve after we lived together.

This kind doctor has already agreed to provided a support letter if required. But we heard that support letters are better just from family and friends but not from a doctor. Kindly give your advice.

Thanks in advance!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello! I am new to the Forum. I would like to have your advise about whether a support letter from family doctor is a appropriate document to submit.

I met my partner's family doctor several times when I accompanied with my partner in the doctor's office. My partner told me that the doctor likes me because she could see I am really care about my partner, and also my partner cares about me. Also, my partner's health situation got significant improve after we lived together.

This kind doctor has already agreed to provided a support letter if required. But we heard that support letters are better just from family and friends but not from a doctor. Kindly give your advice.

Thanks in advance!
It's unclear which aspect of your application you are expecting this "support letter" to contribute to. It's probably of little value, regardless.

goodLuck2U

Oct 4, 2018
It's unclear which aspect of your application you are expecting this "support letter" to contribute to. It's probably of little value, regardless.
Thank you for your reply! I am going to apply PR - family class. I am the applicant, my parent is the sponsor. I wish the doctor's letter could help to prove that the relationship between me and my partner is genuine and continuing.

Thanks again!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for your reply! I am going to apply PR - family class. I am the applicant, my parent is the sponsor. I wish the doctor's letter could help to prove that the relationship between me and my partner is genuine and continuing.

Thanks again!
I see no reason to exclude it from submission but it probably carries little weight.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have a partner, you may not be eligible for family class sponsorship by your parents.
Think it was a typo and she met partner. Would skip the letter especially since you will probably have to pay for it. What really counts is whether it is a genuine relationship, whether you meet the definition of common law or marriage and whether you can support yourselves without government help. After a few visits I doubt a doctor will feel comfortable vouching that you meet any of those requirements.

goodLuck2U

Oct 4, 2018
Think it was a typo and she met partner. Would skip the letter especially since you will probably have to pay for it. What really counts is whether it is a genuine relationship, whether you meet the definition of common law or marriage and whether you can support yourselves without government help. After a few visits I doubt a doctor will feel comfortable vouching that you meet any of those requirements.
Thanks for you advice!