+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a family of 3 allowed to rent a 1-Bedroom Apartment in Ontario?

Jun 3, 2019
Hello ,

I want to know that in 2 bedroom basment in Toronto is it allowed 5 person to live and one person will one month and the other will stay long ,all are adults

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello ,

I want to know that in 2 bedroom basment in Toronto is it allowed 5 person to live and one person will one month and the other will stay long ,all are adults
Technically it is allowed but whether a landlord will rent a 2 bedroom to 5 adults is a different story. If you aren't telling the landlord you are planning on having 5 people there your lease is likely to say whether other people can stay in the apartment or just the tenants that sign the lease. If you don't follow the lease your landlord can start the eviction process so I wouldn't lie to your landlord.

Reactions: Cannybabe

Ktomr

Apr 6, 2020
Hey does anyone know about the rules in Huntsville about me and my 2 friends sharing a 1 bedroom apartment?
To clarify, it's 3 adults in a one bedroom apartment with 1 bed in the room and one in the main tv room/ kitchen in Huntsville. Any information is appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey does anyone know about the rules in Huntsville about me and my 2 friends sharing a 1 bedroom apartment?
To clarify, it's 3 adults in a one bedroom apartment with 1 bed in the room and one in the main tv room/ kitchen in Huntsville. Any information is appreciated.
It is up to the landlord and the lease. I would say that it is unlikely but you can approach the landlord. Perhaps 2 people would be more likely. The landlord may worry about wear and tear to the apartment, noise and increased utility costs if they are included in the rent. Would suggest that it is best to be upfront with the landlords about the desire for all three of you to be on the lease and live there legally. That also protects all the tenants.