+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a Dual Canadian citizen(USA and Canada) allowed to enter USA with a Canadian passport

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
Hi everyone,

Wanted to ask. My daughter is a Canadian and USA citizen(currently resides in Canada) but her USA passport is currently expired. We were hoping to go to USA this summer and I wanted to ask if she would be allowed to enter the USA with her Canadian passport instead since the USA one is expired? My intention is to renew her USA passport while in the USA for the summer.
I checked the USA consulate website in Canada and it would require us to appear at the embassy since she is a minor if she wants to renew her USA passport within Canada hence my objection for wanting to renew from Canada. This would require travel and a whole bunch of extra cost if done within Canada.

mayankbhat

Nov 2, 2011
Hi everyone,

Wanted to ask. My daughter is a Canadian and USA citizen(currently resides in Canada) but her USA passport is currently expired. We were hoping to go to USA this summer and I wanted to ask if she would be allowed to enter the USA with her Canadian passport instead since the USA one is expired? My intention is to renew her USA passport while in the USA for the summer.
I checked the USA consulate website in Canada and it would require us to appear at the embassy since she is a minor if she wants to renew her USA passport within Canada hence my objection for wanting to renew from Canada. This would require travel and a whole bunch of extra cost if done within Canada.
Did you finally renew the passport? I have the same situation. Is it really needed to keep the passport active?