+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is 2 years part time job experience valid for the PR under express Entry..??

mohitkatti

Jan 17, 2016
Hi..
As on CIC website, it shows that Job experience of 1 yr of full time and 2 yr of equivalent part time job experience is needed for the express entry in canada.
So can anyone suggest me that Can this part time job experience be calculated with studies also.
Means in my case, i have done Diploma in Electrical & just completed my BE Electrical. i was doing Part time job related to my studies along with my Bachelor studies . so can this experience be counted for the Express entry criteria.??
Also how many years this part time job experience should be shown ??
What should be the IELTS score needed for Applying in Express entry??

aniramzee

Jun 7, 2016
CIC says you can submit an equivalent amount of time in part-time. By Canadian law, full-time work is defined as 30+ hours of paid labor each week. As long as you can get a certificate from your employer stating that you were working for over 30 hours a week, and also state your pay for that period, your experience can count. However, since you were studying at the time, there will be a distinction in this case. CIC does not count any experience that you gained while you were a full-time student. If this education is listed on your ECA as full-time, then you cannot count that experience. However, if it was a part-time degree and labor of 30 or more hours per week, you can include that in your profile.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
mohitkatti said:
Hi..
As on CIC website, it shows that Job experience of 1 yr of full time and 2 yr of equivalent part time job experience is needed for the express entry in canada.
So can anyone suggest me that Can this part time job experience be calculated with studies also.
Means in my case, i have done Diploma in Electrical & just completed my BE Electrical. i was doing Part time job related to my studies along with my Bachelor studies . so can this experience be counted for the Express entry criteria.??
Also how many years this part time job experience should be shown ??
What should be the IELTS score needed for Applying in Express entry??
Read the first two threads, it has answers to most of your questions.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html

Work experience gained (full-time/part-time) while on a study permit in Canada cannot be used to claim points for work experience. If you have any part-time/full-time work experience outside Canada, you can use them to claim points provided you meet the minimum requirements of the one of the economic programs (FSW/CEC/FST).

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aniramzee said:
CIC says you can submit an equivalent amount of time in part-time. By Canadian law, full-time work is defined as 30+ hours of paid labor each week. As long as you can get a certificate from your employer stating that you were working for over 30 hours a week, and also state your pay for that period, your experience can count. However, since you were studying at the time, there will be a distinction in this case. CIC does not count any experience that you gained while you were a full-time student. If this education is listed on your ECA as full-time, then you cannot count that experience. However, if it was a part-time degree and labor of 30 or more hours per week, you can include that in your profile.
Why do you post if you have no idea what you're talking about? You're just confusing people.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
Read the first two threads, it has answers to most of your questions.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.0.html

Work experience gained (full-time/part-time) while on a study permit in Canada cannot be used to claim points for work experience. If you have any part-time/full-time work experience outside Canada, you can use them to claim points provided you meet the minimum requirements of the one of the economic programs (FSW/CEC/FST).
Suppose this part-time work experience is gained outside Canada while pursuing a degree course full-time.
So in this situation, will the person be able to claim points for education as well as points for part-time work.

S

sutyfornow

Suppose this part-time work experience is gained outside Canada while pursuing a degree course full-time.
So in this situation, will the person be able to claim points for education as well as points for part-time work.
any help?

SayidJunior

May 15, 2018
Anyone volunteers to answer this question?

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Anyone volunteers to answer this question?
Yes. You can claim points for both your education and work provided you have your experience letter, credential evaluated and you were not working in Canada.

amitjasuja

Jun 15, 2018
Hi, I have worked as home tutor partime for 5 years. Will that experience be counted while applying for PR. It was a free lance job & no employer was there