+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is 2 months early arrival allowed FOR SEPT.2014 intake.

chakaz

Full Member
Nov 19, 2013
34
0
I can't find answers, kindly help....i recieved my visa last april 24, 2014, i am for sept. 2014 intake, now my question is this,. now that a student permit issued after june 1, 2014 allow full-time international students enrolled at designated institutions in certain programs to work part time off campus and full time during scheduled school breaks without a work permit. Can this also mean that i can enter canada and start a part time job by july even if my class is yet to start on september? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
 

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
3,046
79
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not think so. To work LEGALLY as a student you have to be ACTUALLY a student, and you are not till September.
Besides, if you come to Canada too early, like in June instead of the end of August you could be denied an entry at POE.
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
68,161
9,998
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you can't come early and work off campus. You can only start your off campus work once you start classes.
 

tipsy

Hero Member
Oct 6, 2013
636
36
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
chakaz said:
I can't find answers, kindly help....i recieved my visa last april 24, 2014, i am for sept. 2014 intake, now my question is this,. now that a student permit issued after june 1, 2014 allow full-time international students enrolled at designated institutions in certain programs to work part time off campus and full time during scheduled school breaks without a work permit. Can this also mean that i can enter canada and start a part time job by july even if my class is yet to start on september? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
You can come earlier as Canada allows prospective students to adjust and prepare themselves. But start working, I dont know. You can check with your univ counsellor I m sure they can advise you well.
 

chakaz

Full Member
Nov 19, 2013
34
0
scylla said:
No - you can't come early and work off campus. You can only start your off campus work once you start classes.
Regina said:
Do not think so. To work LEGALLY as a student you have to be ACTUALLY a student, and you are not till September.
Besides, if you come to Canada too early, like in June instead of the end of August you could be denied an entry at POE.
chakaz said:
tipsy said:
You can come earlier as Canada allows prospective students to adjust and prepare themselves. But start working, I dont know. You can check with your univ counsellor I m sure they can advise you well.
@ Regina, Scylla, and Tipsy.
ok forget about the working part. Now with the arrival part, how about first week of august or like a month before classes starts, would that be allowed? orientation and reg. starts on aug. 25, classes on sept 7.. thank you so much for the replies,.
 

jaskaranjassal

Hero Member
Mar 1, 2014
237
8
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
6.5
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
chakaz said:
@ Regina, Scylla, and Tipsy.
ok forget about the working part. Now with the arrival part, how about first week of august or like a month before classes starts, would that be allowed? orientation and reg. starts on aug. 25, classes on sept 7.. thank you so much for the replies,.

will it be okh to fly in mid july ? I have my friends there I will live with them and enjy some time with them before study starts ?? my Plan to go near about 15 july
 

lavan33

Member
Jul 9, 2013
15
0
I am for may intake but differd my sem to sept due to some reasons...now i am ready to fly... But my counsultancy people said travel after july 15 th ....so i planned to go end of july.....i was also heard that i will have to work after college starts onwards......
 

lovedeepsingh

Hero Member
Oct 15, 2013
688
29
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
How about travelling on 1August.Will it be fine?
 

txboyscout

Hero Member
Jun 9, 2009
563
14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
lovedeepsingh said:
How about travelling on 1August.Will it be fine?
2-4 weeks before classes start is usually fine
 

chakaz

Full Member
Nov 19, 2013
34
0
august tickets are unbelievably expensive,. i found an affordable one and its dated july 21.... will july 21 be fine?
 

lovedeepsingh

Hero Member
Oct 15, 2013
688
29
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
25-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-1-2014
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2014
LANDED..........
2 Aug 2014
chakaz said:
august tickets are unbelievably expensive,. i found an affordable one and its dated july 21.... will july 21 be fine?
Whats the cost of that?
 

jaskaranjassal

Hero Member
Mar 1, 2014
237
8
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
6.5
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
chakaz said:
august tickets are unbelievably expensive,. i found an affordable one and its dated july 21.... will july 21 be fine?
I am planning near about 15 july is it ok with that date ??
 

txboyscout

Hero Member
Jun 9, 2009
563
14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
chakaz said:
august tickets are unbelievably expensive,. i found an affordable one and its dated july 21.... will july 21 be fine?
But it will be even more expensive, if you came in early July and they sent you back saying come closer to the start date
 

jaskaranjassal

Hero Member
Mar 1, 2014
237
8
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
6.5
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
txboyscout said:
But it will be even more expensive, if you came in early July and they sent you back saying come closer to the start date
will it be okay on 13th july i going to book on that that ? ??plz tell me