+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRPR 216(1) study permit refuse

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Entire tuition amount for full duration of program + 10,000 CAD

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html#doc3

In this link it mentions

Amount of funds required per year (additional to the tuition)

You have to prove that you can afford the program you are going to? How else are you going to pay for your tuition?. Your off-campus job is to just sustain your living expenses, not your tuition. To ensure best chance of visa success, you must show that you can afford to pay for your tuition.
Your analogy makes a lot of sence and I believe that is the thinking of the VOs. Entire tuition + 10,000. However on the website they dont mention explicity if the tuition is for the entire duration or one year. I tend to lean to one year because, in the case SDS students are required to pay tuition for a year + 10000 and no bank statement. That is why I tend to think is for one year. In any case you have said it all bro. Entire tuition + 10000 will guarantee visa

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I already showed my father's annually income which is more than 10lacs indian equivalent to 20000 canadian dollar. Even i have very good grades from my previous studies. I am already fulfilling all the requirements and the reasons they have mentioned.
Not enough I'm afraid

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
In the first case they are saying you won't return based on your financial status and personnal assets and in the second case they are saying you dont have sufficient funds to pay for tuition. I can't seem to decipher the difference but i dont think they are the same. I believe the former can be resolved by SOP and the later providing more liquid funds. What do you think too?
In first case they mean that your financial situation is poor in your home country. So, you are more likely to stay back in Canada than return to your home country after your studies. The second one is more self explanatory. They are same in the sense that both are due to a lack of funds/assets. I don't know how much SOP is going to help in the former, but you can always state your case. Normally, they would reject based on home ties and not financial status.

More liquid funds would help both with the tuition and raise the amount of your personal assets and financial status.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Your analogy makes a lot of sence and I believe that is the thinking of the VOs. Entire tuition + 10,000. However on the website they dont mention explicity if the tuition is for the entire duration or one year. I tend to lean to one year because, in the case SDS students are required to pay tuition for a year + 10000 and no bank statement. That is why I tend to think is for one year. In any case you have said it all bro. Entire tuition + 10000 will guarantee visa

Regardless of SDS or Non-SDS, if your program is of more than one year. It is always better to show that you have adequate funds, even if they do not ask you to do so. If you are following what they ask only, then you must do so to the letter.

Remember the visa officer cannot make an assumption, he must decide based on facts. So, if you only provide GIC and 1 year's tuition receipt, then the visa officer will most likely grant your permit, as they cannot penalise you for information that you did not need to give. Also, they will have the belief that since you have a good IELTS score and you can pay the money upfront, that you can make the payments for the rest of the program period.

Remember, the visa officer could ask for more proof as well. If he finds sufficient reasons that he determines that you are not able to pay the tuition, then you will be rejected. Best policy is to show proof to cover tuition + 10,000 CAD or 11,000 CAD depending on province. This way you cannot be rejected for financial reasons.

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Regardless of SDS or Non-SDS, if your program is of more than one year. It is always better to show that you have adequate funds, even if they do not ask you to do so. If you are following what they ask only, then you must do so to the letter.

Remember the visa officer cannot make an assumption, he must decide based on facts. So, if you only provide GIC and 1 year's tuition receipt, then the visa officer will most likely grant your permit, as they cannot penalise you for information that you did not need to give. Also, they will have the belief that since you have a good IELTS score and you can pay the money upfront, that you can make the payments for the rest of the program period.

Remember, the visa officer could ask for more proof as well. If he finds sufficient reasons that he determines that you are not able to pay the tuition, then you will be rejected. Best policy is to show proof to cover tuition + 10,000 CAD or 11,000 CAD depending on province. This way you cannot be rejected for financial reasons.
Thanks Bro,
First of all, you articulate your ideas so well. Bravo. My study permit was rejected recently and the reason was that "I will not leave Canada at the end of my stay based on my personnal assets and financial status". I have paid tuition for a year and had 30k Cad in my savings account (USD). In addition, included my uncle as a Co-sponsor who had 37k cad. I am Civil Engineer and currently work outside my home country. I am paid in my home country through a bank and paid cash as per diem allowance cash in USD since I am outside my home country. Please note that I didn't include my salary account because it was virtually empty and only included my USD account which is my savings account. On top I have a start up company in Ghana too. So what could be the reason for my refusal. Kindly advise

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thanks Bro,
First of all, you articulate your ideas so well. Bravo. My study permit was rejected recently and the reason was that "I will not leave Canada at the end of my stay based on my personnal assets and financial status". I have paid tuition for a year and had 30k Cad in my savings account (USD). In addition, included my uncle as a Co-sponsor who had 37k cad. I am Civil Engineer and currently work outside my home country. I am paid in my home country through a bank and paid cash as per diem allowance cash in USD since I am outside my home country. Please note that I didn't include my salary account because it was virtually empty and only included my USD account which is my savings account. On top I have a start up company in Ghana too. So what could be the reason for my refusal. Kindly advise
Your situation is very complicated, I can understand now why you got refused. First thing is that applications made outside your home country will be a bit more weak compared to applications made in your home country.

Second, sponsorship money is not as good as your money. They value sponsors that are your blood relation much more than those who are more distant. If you meant that your Uncle's net assets are 37K, then it does not mean that 37K is your proof of funds. If your Uncle has written a letter stating that he will sponsor you to the amount of 37K CAD then you can account for his money as proof of funds.

I don't think the visa officer is concerned about how you earn the income, just the amount you have. Does this start up provide income for you? what is the structure of the company? business funds are not counted only personal funds are.

If you explained to the visa officer what you explained to me, then if I were a visa officer I would have alarm bells ringing about your financial status. It seems to be all over the place and depending on the cost of your program. I would have serious doubts that you would be able to pay for the program.

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Your situation is very complicated, I can understand now why you got refused. First thing is that applications made outside your home country will be a bit more weak compared to applications made in your home country.

Second, sponsorship money is not as good as your money. They value sponsors that are your blood relation much more than those who are more distant. If you meant that your Uncle's net assets are 37K, then it does not mean that 37K is your proof of funds. If your Uncle has written a letter stating that he will sponsor you to the amount of 37K CAD then you can account for his money as proof of funds.

I don't think the visa officer is concerned about how you earn the income, just the amount you have. Does this start up provide income for you? what is the structure of the company? business funds are not counted only personal funds are.

If you explained to the visa officer what you explained to me, then if I were a visa officer I would have alarm bells ringing about your financial status. It seems to be all over the place and depending on the cost of your program. I would have serious doubts that you would be able to pay for the program.
You are right Bro. The 30k is my personnal saving account. Total tuition is 28k. So i can take out my uncles account and still be fine. But I added it just to be on the safe side. Little did I know it was going to affect me. Ties to home country could be a problem. I travel a lot because of my job. But travel history is descent regardless. J1 visa in 2014, B1/B2 visa still valid. Been to the States a couple of times. What would advise I do. Take out my uncle from the equation??

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019

And please note that first year tuition has been paid.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
You are right Bro. The 30k is my personnal saving account. Total tuition is 28k. So i can take out my uncles account and still be fine. But I added it just to be on the safe side. Little did I know it was going to affect me. Ties to home country could be a problem. I travel a lot because of my job. But travel history is descent regardless. J1 visa in 2014, B1/B2 visa still valid. Been to the States a couple of times. What would advise I do. Take out my uncle from the equation??
I don't see how your uncle is going to help you in this case, it just adds a degree of complication to your application. It is not ties to your home country that is the issue, it is that your financial situation is complicated because of your work. I would suggest that you return to your home country to apply from your home country. Show that your balance tuition + 10K CAD for first year living expenses can be paid from your existing savings.

Mention previous refusal reasons and how you have resolved those. The important thing is that balance tuition + 10K CAD should be less than 30K CAD. You were not refused for travel history, only for financial reasons.

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
I don't see how your uncle is going to help you in this case, it just adds a degree of complication to your application. It is not ties to your home country that is the issue, it is that your financial situation is complicated because of your work. I would suggest that you return to your home country to apply from your home country. Show that your balance tuition + 10K CAD for first year living expenses can be paid from your existing savings.

Mention previous refusal reasons and how you have resolved those. The important thing is that balance tuition + 10K CAD should be less than 30K CAD. You were not refused for travel history, only for financial reasons.
Thanks Bro. If you dont mind kindly drop your digits so that I contact for some lil advice

ams1_ind

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
India
Sorry, I don't give out my contact information. However you can send me a private message here on the forum and I can help you out.
Hello
Please provide ur opinion on my status:

I m from India, B Tech Electrical and work experience in UAE

Admission in University of Guelph
MENG Environmental 2 yr course without Co-Op (Env Engg Degree is a mandatory requirement as per my current job profession)

IELTS: 8, 6.5, 6.5, 6.5 and overall 7 band

attached Sponsorship and Job Offer after successful completion of course attested by Chamber of Commerce, Min of Ext Affrs and Canada Consulate in UAE.
Fixed and liquid asset evaluation certf from CA

My time line

1st Application
Applied online 7th June 2019 NON SDS from India
Biometric completed on 13th June 2019
1st Ack Letter on 21st June 2019
2nd Ack Letter on 5th July 2019
Biometric Correspondence letter on 5th July 2019
Refusal Correspondence Letter on 6th July 2019

I didn't submitted my mark sheets, transcripts, Bachelor degree and SOP with application as it was not mandatory.
Then thru webform i submitted SOP for which i received below reply on 2nd July 2019 from CE CSC Do Not Reply

Good day Amir Siddiqui,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:
  • LOE S30323****.pdf
We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.
Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India, we invite you to also contact them in order to:
  • Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Add a representative or designated individual on file,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome to a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Reasons for refusal

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marks sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

2nd Application thru IDP
Medical upfront on 9th July 2019 in Delhi
Applied online on 19th July 2019 SDS from India
E-mail from do not reply for app update on 20th July 2019 but cant see any update on GC portal

Attached Re-Application Letter for refusal explanation, Detailed SOP, all certf from 10th 12th and Engg Marksheets and Degree, All pages of new and old passports, CA certf, Marrg Certf, Police Clrnc, 1 yr Tution Fee CAD 25700, GIC CAD 10,000 from Scotia Bank, Sponsorship Letter etc

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello
Please provide ur opinion on my status:

I m from India, B Tech Electrical and work experience in UAE

Admission in University of Guelph
MENG Environmental 2 yr course without Co-Op (Env Engg Degree is a mandatory requirement as per my current job profession)

IELTS: 8, 6.5, 6.5, 6.5 and overall 7 band

attached Sponsorship and Job Offer after successful completion of course attested by Chamber of Commerce, Min of Ext Affrs and Canada Consulate in UAE.
Fixed and liquid asset evaluation certf from CA

My time line

1st Application
Applied online 7th June 2019 NON SDS from India
Biometric completed on 13th June 2019
1st Ack Letter on 21st June 2019
2nd Ack Letter on 5th July 2019
Biometric Correspondence letter on 5th July 2019
Refusal Correspondence Letter on 6th July 2019

I didn't submitted my mark sheets, transcripts, Bachelor degree and SOP with application as it was not mandatory.
Then thru webform i submitted SOP for which i received below reply on 2nd July 2019 from CE CSC Do Not Reply

Good day Amir Siddiqui,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:
  • LOE S30323****.pdf
We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.
Since your file is located at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India, we invite you to also contact them in order to:
  • Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Add a representative or designated individual on file,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome to a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Reasons for refusal

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marks sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

2nd Application thru IDP
Medical upfront on 9th July 2019 in Delhi
Applied online on 19th July 2019 SDS from India
E-mail from do not reply for app update on 20th July 2019 but cant see any update on GC portal

Attached Re-Application Letter for refusal explanation, Detailed SOP, all certf from 10th 12th and Engg Marksheets and Degree, All pages of new and old passports, CA certf, Marrg Certf, Police Clrnc, 1 yr Tution Fee CAD 25700, GIC CAD 10,000 from Scotia Bank, Sponsorship Letter etc
1st refusal was due to missing transcript. I don't know who told you it is not mandatory, but it is 100% required. You should ask your agent to send webform to enquire about status. Not all applications will be processed in 20 days, many people have had longer delays. You also have attached a lot of unnecessary documents like CA certificate, marriage certificate, 10th & 12th mark sheets. You have to wait for decision.

ams1_ind

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019
India
1st refusal was due to missing transcript. I don't know who told you it is not mandatory, but it is 100% required. You should ask your agent to send webform to enquire about status. Not all applications will be processed in 20 days, many people have had longer delays. You also have attached a lot of unnecessary documents like CA certificate, marriage certificate, 10th & 12th mark sheets. You have to wait for decision.
Hi, 1st application I did it myself, so I understand its a mistake.
2nd one is SDS and consulted by IDP. they studied my case and applied with detailed SOP accordingly.
I have already applied for CAIPS on 9th July and hopefully I can expect a reply withing few days.

Manbath

Jun 28, 2019
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I have applied on 26th July and refused on 21th August. Can anyone please help me to write sop to reapply. Previous time any agent didn't submit sop because of SDS file