+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRPR 216(1) study permit refuse

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
No sir i applied for bachelor of hospitality management 4 year course
Then you need to show funds to pay tuition for the remaining 3 years. If your Father's salary is 20,000 CAD and per year your fees is 16000 CAD. Then how is it possible for you to pay for it ?

Aug 1, 2019
Then you need to show funds to pay tuition for the remaining 3 years. If your Father's salary is 20,000 CAD and per year your fees is 16000 CAD. Then how is it possible for you to pay for it ?
But my father is earning this salary from very long time. And even my friend has same profile and his father's income was around 16k dollars still he got his visa by paying only 6 month fee and without showing any funds.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
But my father is earning this salary from very long time. And even my friend has same profile and his father's income was around 16k dollars still he got his visa by paying only 6 month fee and without showing any funds.
If you want to follow your consultant, then please do so. My advice is that the documents you have shown is not satisfactory to the visa officer. You need to show enough proof, maybe your friend has shown proper proof of funds that satisfied the visa officer.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So sir according to you if i will show funds equivalent to my tutuion fee of full course it will help in getting my visa is it?
Yes, not only will it help but it is in fact required. If you or your father have savings to cover the amount. then you need to show the bank statement.

After the recent high profile cases, where students are unable to afford the tuition and are working illegally. How can you be so surprised that they want to know if you can afford to pay for the program ?

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Yes, not only will it help but it is in fact required. If you or your father have savings to cover the amount. then you need to show the bank statement.

After the recent high profile cases, where students are unable to afford the tuition and are working illegally. How can you be so surprised that they want to know if you can afford to pay for the program ?
Granted. But students are required to demonstrate living expenses for a year? In your earlier post you mentioned that tuition for the entire duration + 10000 for living expenses. Can you please tell me the source of that. I just know the one year + one year expenses for a year

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019

and what is the difference between "financial status" and "insufficient funds"

Aug 1, 2019

Hmm yes. I was just following my consultant. So could u please tell me that is it ok if i don't have old funds or could i show the property or do i need to only show

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Granted. But students are required to demonstrate living expenses for a year? In your earlier post you mentioned that tuition for the entire duration + 10000 for living expenses. Can you please tell me the source of that. I just know the one year + one year expenses for a year
Entire tuition amount for full duration of program + 10,000 CAD

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html#doc3

In this link it mentions

Amount of funds required per year (additional to the tuition)

You have to prove that you can afford the program you are going to? How else are you going to pay for your tuition?. Your off-campus job is to just sustain your living expenses, not your tuition. To ensure best chance of visa success, you must show that you can afford to pay for your tuition.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hmm yes. I was just following my consultant. So could u please tell me that is it ok if i don't have old funds or could i show the property or do i need to only show
Property is not worth much. The assets you show must be liquid, cash, bank balance or education loan are good. Property will not have much weighage. For whatever reason, the visa officer believes that your cannot afford the education along with your living expenses, without having to work in Canada. Therefore, you must show that you have the funds necessary to pay the tuition plus the first year's living expenses.

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Entire tuition amount for full duration of program + 10,000 CAD

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/get-documents.html#doc3

In this link it mentions

Amount of funds required per year (additional to the tuition)

You have to prove that you can afford the program you are going to? How else are you going to pay for your tuition?. Your off-campus job is to just sustain your living expenses, not your tuition. To ensure best chance of visa success, you must show that you can afford to pay for your tuition.
Bro, thanks for this.

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Different words, same meaning.
In the first case they are saying you won't return based on your financial status and personnal assets and in the second case they are saying you dont have sufficient funds to pay for tuition. I can't seem to decipher the difference but i dont think they are the same. I believe the former can be resolved by SOP and the later providing more liquid funds. What do you think too?