+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRISH - Need help with the IEC 2012 PLEASE!!

saramurphy12

Feb 3, 2012
Hi,

I have been calling and searching everywhere for these answers but I am having no luck, can someone PLEASE help!

I am currently filling out my applications for the IEC working holiday program. (I am Irish, and applying from Canada for the second time)
Unfortunately, I have found it can be very contradicting/confusing.

1. In the "step by step application guide", it asks for 2 sets of documents. it gives 9 steps within the 2 sets, but then under "submitting application package" it asks to "please arrange your documents as indicated in the first and second sets of documents (steps 1-8)"

2. In the "step by step application guide", under the "important reminders from the visa section", Section C states "read the CIC instruction guide very carefully".... Upon reading this, it asks for many other forms that are not mentioned in the initial "step-by-step application guide" such as :

-Document Checklist (IMM 5488)
-Schedule 1 ─ Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257 ─ Schedule 1)
-Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409)
-Use of a Representative (IMM 5476)

3. In the "Document Checklist", it doesn't have the "Declarations Form", which is the first thing on the list in the "step by step application guide".

Finally, in the "step by step application", it asks that you mail your application and mentions nothing about the fees. But in the "CIC instruction guide", its says "fees must be included with the application". When applying last year, I did not pay the fees until I received the conditional acceptance email.

Can anyone please advise which set we are to follow??

Your help/advice is much appreciated.

Cheers!!

Sarah

redsquirrel

Feb 13, 2012
Hi Sarah,

Sorry, I can't directly with your questions above - but I was wondering whether you would be able to tell me about when you applied for the first time? How long did the process take? Were you waiting for a long time for a result? I have submitted my application but not heard anything yet...

I hope you can help me, in return, I would be happy to take a look at your papers and see if can make sense of them?

Thanks,

Claudia

saramurphy12

Feb 3, 2012
Hi Claudia,

I applied for the first time in April 2010. It took aproximitly 6 weeks to get full confirmation of my approval. However, for my friend who applied in late August it took a lot longer. How long have you been waiting?

Sarah

Becky2012

Mar 22, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
I've been waiting 4 weeks since receipt of application. Any news from either of you girls? I don't know why it takes so long, i'm worried how long it will take for me to hear....let me know please, thanks

Becky2012

Mar 22, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
oh my god! it is such a long process for a TEMPORARY visa!! I have paid my fee and they advised me that it could take another 6 weeks to tell me if i can go or not. I CANNOT beleive how they can make people wait this long to get news......ridiculous :'(

I hope they don't reject it because it is way too much of a build up to just say NO you can't go...??