+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC's New Online Citizenship Application: Handling Multiple Entry/Exit Records for Cross-Border Commuters

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experience and seek some advice. With the recent launch of IRCC's online application for Citizenship, which now allows families with minors to apply online, I've run into a bit of a challenge. In the past, I relied on the old physical presence calculator to document my travel history, including same-day trips to the US as a cross-border commuter.

Originally, my plan was to attach a PDF of this travel history along with my application. However, the new online application process requires users to manually input each entry, and the catch is that this can't be done in advance. Additionally, the login for the new system is only valid for 60 days unless the application is submitted.

Here's the link to the old physical presence calculator: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/rescalcwizard.do

For those who are familiar with the old physical presence FAQ, you can find the question here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q7

However, I haven't come across any information regarding this specific aspect in the new online system. So my question is: do you think it's still necessary to manually enter and include all 200 entry/exit records in the new online system? Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my recent experience and seek some advice. With the recent launch of IRCC's online application for Citizenship, which now allows families with minors to apply online, I've run into a bit of a challenge. In the past, I relied on the old physical presence calculator to document my travel history, including same-day trips to the US as a cross-border commuter.

Originally, my plan was to attach a PDF of this travel history along with my application. However, the new online application process requires users to manually input each entry, and the catch is that this can't be done in advance. Additionally, the login for the new system is only valid for 60 days unless the application is submitted.

Here's the link to the old physical presence calculator: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/rescalcwizard.do

For those who are familiar with the old physical presence FAQ, you can find the question here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q7

However, I haven't come across any information regarding this specific aspect in the new online system. So my question is: do you think it's still necessary to manually enter and include all 200 entry/exit records in the new online system? Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
You WILL need to enter each and every entry and exit record **accurately** in the online application portal. Double and triple check to make sure all entries are correct. Get help from a friend or a partner to verify while you read it so it is transcribed correctly from the old one to the new portal.

If your entries are incorrect or incomplete you will face delays in processing of your citizenship application

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Hello everyone,

I had over 400 Entry Exits across the border. They gave me the CBSA records in pdf which only had the Canadian Entries. I got the US travel history pdf from the i94 website which had all the arrivals and some departures.

I wrote a program that automatically picks up the date from one pdf and finds the corresponding nearest date from the other pdf and autopopulates all the remaining fields as well.

Took me a few hours to test it. And then was able to fill up all the entries for the residence form pretty quickly.

Reactions: ppcg2510

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
I had over 400 Entry Exits across the border. They gave me the CBSA records in pdf which only had the Canadian Entries. I got the US travel history pdf from the i94 website which had all the arrivals and some departures.

I wrote a program that automatically picks up the date from one pdf and finds the corresponding nearest date from the other pdf and autopopulates all the remaining fields as well.

Took me a few hours to test it. And then was able to fill up all the entries for the residence form pretty quickly.
That's cool. Is it possible to git commit and share it ? Maybe few of us incrementally make it better

covertagent

Nov 12, 2020
I am on the same boat now, can one of you provide the outcome of your application, are there any caution signals I need too aware off? I kept a detail travel journal, so entry/exit I have.