+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC WINNIPEG- PNP Paper-based >>Lets Connect Here

Lili123

Jul 11, 2017
Hey guys, can you guys give me the ideas for my situation right now.
My currently job is not in the demand list of MB but I have been working for 6 months already . Do I have to wait 1 year to be eligible to apply for MPNP or I can apply right now ?
I have check the website but they didn’t state clearly that the job need to be in the demand list.
Thanks so much for helping
Sorry if it out the topic.

LetsBPositive

Nov 23, 2020
My currently job is not in the demand list of MB but I have been working for 6 months already . Do I have to wait 1 year to be eligible to apply for MPNP or I can apply right now ?
I have check the website but they didn’t state clearly that the job need to be in the demand list.
Are you moving from another province? What is your job profile?

Sharanpreet23

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
I guess you have to wait for year before applying if your job is not in demand list.
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate-to-manitoba/mpnp-renewal/renewed-swm/

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Got ghost update today. Did anyone else got ghost update???
Call ircc and ask about the ghost update . I submitted my additional documents on oct 22 which was requested on oct 13. But have not heard anything back. No gu. Portal still says doc uploaded. I assume it will go to under review when the work on it

Taimoor962

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Call ircc and ask about the ghost update . I submitted my additional documents on oct 22 which was requested on oct 13. But have not heard anything back. No gu. Portal still says doc uploaded. I assume it will go to under review when the work on it
Called them today and they said nothing has been changed in your file your file is still at the final stage and she added i got ghost update yesterday because someone was working on my file yesterday.

Taimoor962

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Everyone please start doing a tweet to immigration minister and ircc to finalize pnp pr application with outland spouse. We all need to do this and we can actually get some good feedback if more people do this

Reactions: Quesask1

Sharanpreet23

Star Member
Dec 26, 2015
Everyone please start doing a tweet to immigration minister and ircc to finalize pnp pr application with outland spouse. We all need to do this and we can actually get some good feedback if more people do this
can we please make common hashtag so when we tweet it will be visible in trending. if everyone will tweet random complaints it wont be noticed. Any suggestions on that ??

LetsBPositive

Nov 23, 2020
Totally agree!

BTW I have a separate question outside of the context. Has anyone applied for their BOWP recently and have received their WP already?

If yes then how long did it took for WP to arrive?

Is there anything we should worry about while applying for BOWP this time?

LetsBPositive

Nov 23, 2020
One more thing, as per IRCCs NOV newsletter, following was for SPOUSE APPLICATIONS. How many of you think this is a good news for us?

IRCC initiative to speed up spousal application process for couples
In October, IRCC announced measures to speed up the process for spousal applications for permanent residence.

The number of employees working as decision makers on spousal applications has increased by 66%. This will shorten the wait time for couples waiting for a decision on their application to be reduced, so that spouses can be reunited sooner in Canada.

IRCC has also launched a pilot to digitize paper applications, which takes advantage of new, more efficient technology to support employees processing applications remotely. With these 2 initiatives, IRCC aims to finalize around 6,000 spousal applications every month from October to December 2020.

IRCC is also piloting technology to conduct interviews with applicants remotely, to adhere to public health social-distancing protocols.

Family reunification remains a priority for the department, and this new measure aims to support and speed up the overall process for couples.

bison1234

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Totally agree!

BTW I have a separate question outside of the context. Has anyone applied for their BOWP recently and have received their WP already?

If yes then how long did it took for WP to arrive?

Is there anything we should worry about while applying for BOWP this time?
Recently BOWP taking around 5 months to complete. Nothing need to worry when you wait the work permit. You can still keep working here.

bison1234

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
One more thing, as per IRCCs NOV newsletter, following was for SPOUSE APPLICATIONS. How many of you think this is a good news for us?

IRCC initiative to speed up spousal application process for couples
In October, IRCC announced measures to speed up the process for spousal applications for permanent residence.

The number of employees working as decision makers on spousal applications has increased by 66%. This will shorten the wait time for couples waiting for a decision on their application to be reduced, so that spouses can be reunited sooner in Canada.

IRCC has also launched a pilot to digitize paper applications, which takes advantage of new, more efficient technology to support employees processing applications remotely. With these 2 initiatives, IRCC aims to finalize around 6,000 spousal applications every month from October to December 2020.

IRCC is also piloting technology to conduct interviews with applicants remotely, to adhere to public health social-distancing protocols.

Family reunification remains a priority for the department, and this new measure aims to support and speed up the overall process for couples.
Obviously it's a really bad new for us because we don't belong to that category, We are PNP paper.