received ppr and copr document application approved for both inland. sept 2020
all the best to everybody

Taimoor962

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
received ppr and copr document application approved for both inland. sept 2020
all the best to everybody
Congratulations.
i guess people are getting PR now if spouse is already in canada, but if spouse is outside then they gonna hold our file until this covid gets over

bison1234

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hey guys! My file transferred to Winnipeg ircc in May of 2019 because I got married during the processing time. And I got the ADR and 2nd Medical in July this year. Today I found my cic online status changed to "we are reviewing the additional docs you provided". Anyone know how long it will take to get copr?

Taimoor962

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hey guys! My file transferred to Winnipeg ircc in May of 2019 because I got married during the processing time. And I got the ADR and 2nd Medical in July this year. Today I found my cic online status changed to "we are reviewing the additional docs you provided". Anyone know how long it will take to get copr?
If spouse is outside canada then surely its gonna take bit long. I have the same situation

bison1234

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
Then hopefully max in 2 weeks as lots of people getting PR nowadays
Thank you for your lucky words, I really hope so. We applied federal part in 2017, we are so tired for waiting. We are spending over $1000 every year for renew our work permits and medical exams, only for waiting their slow work. That's unfair.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Thank you for your lucky words, I really hope so. We applied federal part in 2017, we are so tired for waiting. We are spending over $1000 every year for renew our work permits and medical exams, only for waiting their slow work. That's unfair.
God knows it is absolutely unfair by IRCC to treat spouse addition in the application like this. They consciously or unconsciously destroying family's. Before they use to take 3 months tops when spouse was added. Now 15 months or more. And why .why this information is not posted anywhere,? if it was I am sure lots of us would postponed our marriages, get our PR and then go for sponsorship. Atleat could have avoid this trauma. First time in life Canada disappointed us and Canada let us down!.

Reactions: Quesask1

bison1234

Star Member
Aug 19, 2019
God knows it is absolutely unfair by IRCC to treat spouse addition in the application like this. They consciously or unconsciously destroying family's. Before they use to take 3 months tops when spouse was added. Now 15 months or more. And why .why this information is not posted anywhere,? if it was I am sure lots of us would postponed our marriages, get our PR and then go for sponsorship. Atleat could have avoid this trauma. First time in life Canada disappointed us and Canada let us down!.
Not only spouse added cases bro, there were thousands of regular applicants been transferred to local offices only because the central office wants to split some works to local offices. Those applicants didn't do anything, but have to wait over one year more than the applicant didn't transfer. They are really not lucky...

rjsam3840

Aug 30, 2020
in my case I received pre arrival email first in the morning and same day evening I received ppr. this is my second pre- arrival -first was when I got aor in 2017

so wait for pre arrival that means you have passed eligibility and background I think.

I hope this helps. But they are working on it I heard from my close friend he too received ppr single applicant Winnipeg office

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Not only spouse added cases bro, there were thousands of regular applicants been transferred to local offices only because the central office wants to split some works to local offices. Those applicants didn't do anything, but have to wait over one year more than the applicant didn't transfer. They are really not lucky...
Not accurate Bison. Most regular applications were cleared in 10-12 months top whose cases were going parrallel with us. I had like 20 firneds applied during those time, 15 got it in like less than a year..rest under 15 months. I and on more guy still here. Those who did not added spouse and transferred to LVO were either clear rather quickly or they were one of so called *COMPLEX APPLICATION* meaning either divorce case, dependent turned 18, child custody, documents were not submitted on time or review was required because the officer at CIO was not convinced so instead of straight forward rejecting them they gave them a chance and transferred to their respective province LVO.

But question is not about this, the question is these 15 months and more delay should have been up on the cic website so applicant can make inform decisions. Just before me 2 of my firnds added their spouse and their delay was around 2- 3 months, so I took this option in that spirit.

Tell what applicant would prefer?
A] delay a marriage few months
Benifits:
1] PA become PR
2] Spouse can easily get TRV as his PA has PR and be united
3] even in this case I might have not crosed 15 months or more

or B] Married
1] both are in limbo, certainly separated from each other as a honeymoon package ?
2] PA spending thousands on work permit renews and BOWP and travelling back and forth to see his lady or her Man
3]Spose TRV rejection chances are high
3] will definitely take 15 months more

It's a personal choice but would have made things alot clearer if this delay was anticipated already.