+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC WEBINAR 22-OCT-IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ANSWERED

goodyouth144

Oct 17, 2020
*IRCC WEBINAR OCT 22*

1. Your visa will be in a deactivated state if your college is not on the covid ready list (those who have visas)
2. If you have an AIP for 2021 then you must have deffered and if you did then you have to notify the ircc about the defferal with a new loa via the webform
3. for the classes starting in 2021 you will get a normal visa (NO AIP if you have an aip send them the new LOA via webform)
4. All the applications will be on hold if the said DLI is not yet on the list. only those application who's DLI's are on the list will be prioritised and also advances to 2nd stage.
5. If you have completed 1 full year online you are still eligible for PGWP (for 1 year programs)
6. If your college is on the list you can travel anytime for sept students irrespective of the mode of delivery (3 weeks prior before the class start date for jan students)
7. VFS will open stage wise (Delhi vfs is open for accepting passports)
8. There is no date on vfs yet discussions are going for November opening.
9. No POE is needed if your DLI is on the list. carry your loa, quarantine package list (or ur quarantine plans), passport and visa.
10. when they know when vacs will open then they will prioritise who has to give biometrics first.
11. No ppr's will be issued without biometrics (my ppr is on hold due to no bio)
12. passport requests will be sent to students who's DLI is on the list.
13. Quarantine plan is at the college discretion.
14. you can give biometrics in another country but you cant give biometrics at the port of entry (no bio no visa)
15. DLI list will be updated every 2 weeks (dli can update you before the 2 week time).

*SOURCE :- IRCC WEBINAR*
*©️KSA*
Is this only relevant to India or all international students? and If I applied for winter intake from before Sep 15, I should just final decision, no AIP?

jmbits

Oct 19, 2020
If you can somehow travel to Guatemala which seems to be the nearest VAC that is open and submit your biometrics then it would certainly speed up your process. Otherwise we can hope ircc might come up with AIP again for those countries with no open VAC’s.
Thank you. Seems it is the only way.

Reactions: P@1n

mp3004

Jul 20, 2020
*IRCC WEBINAR OCT 22*

1. Your visa will be in a deactivated state if your college is not on the covid ready list (those who have visas)
2. If you have an AIP for 2021 then you must have deffered and if you did then you have to notify the ircc about the defferal with a new loa via the webform
3. for the classes starting in 2021 you will get a normal visa (NO AIP if you have an aip send them the new LOA via webform)
4. All the applications will be on hold if the said DLI is not yet on the list. only those application who's DLI's are on the list will be prioritised and also advances to 2nd stage.
5. If you have completed 1 full year online you are still eligible for PGWP (for 1 year programs)
6. If your college is on the list you can travel anytime for sept students irrespective of the mode of delivery (3 weeks prior before the class start date for jan students)
9. No POE is needed if your DLI is on the list. carry your loa, quarantine package list (or ur quarantine plans), passport and visa.
10. when they know when vacs will open then they will prioritise who has to give biometrics first.
11. No ppr's will be issued without biometrics (my ppr is on hold due to no bio)
14. you can give biometrics in another country but you cant give biometrics at the port of entry (no bio no visa)
15. DLI list will be updated every 2 weeks (dli can update you before the 2 week time).

*©️KSA*
Thank you very much for useful info

Alihandr0

Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi everybody, I hope there will be good news for everyone soon. We all deserved it.

I have been accepted to the Master program at Carleton University and My University on the approved DLI list. I have AIP since September 18th. However, I didn't want to start the fall of 2020 online and make a deposit. I put off to winter 2021 and need to report this to ircc?

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Hi everybody, I hope there will be good news for everyone soon. We all deserved it.

I have been accepted to the Master program at Carleton University and My University on the approved DLI list. I have AIP since September 18th. However, I didn't want to start the fall of 2020 online and make a deposit. I put off to winter 2021 and need to report this to ircc?
Yes, you can send the defer letter using the webform to IRCC.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020

yes

AhmedAlagha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
*IRCC WEBINAR OCT 22*

*©️KSA*
Regarding the 6th point, does it imply that i cannot travel in the middle of the semester? I have AIP and i started this fall. If i get my study permit for example in December i am planning to travel in March (or later if possible) .. would that be a problem?

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Regarding the 6th point, does it imply that i cannot travel in the middle of the semester? I have AIP and i started this fall. If i get my study permit for example in December i am planning to travel in March (or later if possible) .. would that be a problem?
If you have a valid visa and approval for student permit plus your DLI in the approved list. Then you can travel anytime you prefer, though i would suggest you to go if your DLI has started regular classes which can be attended in person.

AhmedAlagha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
If you have a valid visa and approval for student permit plus your DLI in the approved list. Then you can travel anytime you prefer, though i would suggest you to go if your DLI has started regular classes which can be attended in person.
Ah okay. My DLI is delivering the next semester fully remotely so there is no dire need for me to be there.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Ah okay. My DLI is delivering the next semester fully remotely so there is no dire need for me to be there.
No problem then, you can save a lot on rent, food and travel.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
yeah same but we dont need another LOA since we did not deffer our intake so we good
I am in the same situation, I applied for January 2021 intake from the beginning. Precisely on 7 August, I received AIP mid September. What do we do now? do we seriously need to raise a web form to share a document (LOA) we already shared before and highlight that we are winter intake (which was obviously mentioned in our visa application and LOA)?!

Reactions: Onmyway143

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
I am in the same situation, I applied for January 2021 intake from the beginning. Precisely on 7 August, I received AIP mid September. What do we do now? do we seriously need to raise a web form to share a document (LOA) we already shared before and highlight that we are winter intake (which was obviously mentioned in our visa application and LOA)?!
It is totally up-to you to listen to the person you quoted or me. Points summarized here are from the live IRCC webinar, you can watch it for yourself and come up with a decision.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
It is totally up-to you to listen to the person you quoted or me. Points summarized here are from the live IRCC webinar, you can watch it for yourself and come up with a decision.
No I get it, if you think about it it’s just none sense honestly. Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time summarizing the webinar. Do you know what minute should I fast forward to? I don’t want to listen to the whole webinar.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
No I get it, if you think about it it’s just none sense honestly. Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time summarizing the webinar. Do you know what minute should I fast forward to? I don’t want to listen to the whole webinar.
From around 58:00 they start talking about AIP