App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
If I submitted my application in August from Jamaica, are you saying there will be no more AIP for students like me as of October 20?
According to this webinar they clearly mentioned that AIP is only for the programs starting in 2020. As for 2021 the process will be like before where it is just one step process.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
He only mentioned that we need to raise a web form or get in touch with them whichever way “IF” we decide to defer studies or switch institutions.

Reactions: Onmyway143

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Please listen from 58:08 to 59:05 - If that’s what you are referring to then I don’t interpret it the same way.
I was referring to them mentioning about AIP being only applicable to those programs starting in 2020.

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
I was referring to them mentioning about AIP being only applicable to those programs starting in 2020.
Thank you for the clarification but this point:

“3. for the classes starting in 2021 you will get a normal visa (NO AIP if you have an aip send them the new LOA via webform)”

got a lot of Jan 2021 intake applicants that received AIP (and applied before September 15th) under the wrong impression that they need to reach out to IRCC via web form and share their LOA that they initially shared for their visa application, which is not the case.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
I am in the same situation, I applied for January 2021 intake from the beginning. Precisely on 7 August, I received AIP mid September. What do we do now? do we seriously need to raise a web form to share a document (LOA) we already shared before and highlight that we are winter intake (which was obviously mentioned in our visa application and LOA)?!
See if what is mentioned in the webinar is true(ie AIP is only applicable for programs starting in 2020) then don’t you think that ircc might have send the AIP by mistake and you need to let them know about it. IRCC had previously send AIP as an error to many people in this forum on Sept3 and 4th which they later cancelled and acknowledged.

• Sad

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
See if what is mentioned in the webinar is true(ie AIP is only applicable for programs starting in 2020) then don’t you think that ircc might have send the AIP by mistake and you need to let them know about it. IRCC had previously send AIP as an error to many people in this forum on Sept3 and 4th which they later cancelled and acknowledged.
Total different case. As you said, they later cancelled it or revoked it however you choose to see it. But if they did not? Then it is still in place and valid. It’s not our role to run after IRCC and confirm each and every document they share and highlight their possible mistakes. Also, I hope you have an open mind for this; but when you share bullet points as a summary of what was said in the webinar, I would strongly suggest stating clear facts not your own assumptions on what is supposed to be done unless you also clearly highlight that it’s your own take on the topic. I am saying that because the situation is tense as it is so any wrongful info is needless at this point specially if it takes away any ray of hope applicants have at this point.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Total different case. As you said, they later cancelled it or revoked it however you choose to see it. But if they did not? Then it is still in place and valid. It’s not our role to run after IRCC and confirm each and every document they share and highlight their possible mistakes. Also, I hope you have an open mind for this; but when you share bullet points as a summary of what was said in the webinar, I would strongly suggest stating clear facts not your own assumptions on what is supposed to be done unless you also clearly highlight that it’s your own take on the topic. I am saying that because the situation is tense as it is so any wrongful info is needless at this point specially if it takes away any ray of hope applicants have at this point.
I have clearly mentioned about it being my opinion in one of the earlier replies.

It is on page 2 if you can’t find it.

Last edited:

Rou1986

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
I have clearly mentioned about it being my opinion in one of the earlier replies.
I can only see that you clearly stated several times that applicants “need” to raise a web form and (re-)share their LOA. The only time you mentioned anything about “your opinion” is when you said it may expedite the process. Applicants do not need to do that, nor that it would fasten the process. I don’t know how would that have impacted their application, but definitely not the best scenario for them to raise a useless web form to (re)share a useless document and I am sure IRCC wouldn’t be very happy with accommodating extra useless workload. Careful what you advise people with, it’s their future on the line.

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
I can only see that you clearly stated several times that applicants “need” to raise a web form and (re-)share their LOA. The only time you mentioned anything about “your opinion” is when you said it may expedite the process. Applicants do not need to do that, nor that it would fasten the process. I don’t know how would that have impacted their application, but definitely not the best scenario for them to raise a useless web form to (re)share a useless document and I am sure IRCC wouldn’t be very happy with accommodating extra useless workload. Careful what you advise people with, it’s their future on the line.
i have clearly explained myself in that reply about how i concluded to that point and about it being my opinion but you are just here to criticize me. So i’m not continuing this conversation anymore.

edit: Anyway as per our conversation i will edit the first comment in this thread to clarify #3 being my opinion.

Last edited:

AffanMustafa

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
If I am in British Colombia and taking online classes for the college which is in British Colombia and if I go to Toronto until online classes are ended (virtual learning) then will it create any issues in future for anything like PGWP or anything?

Would be thankful for your help.
Thanks

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
If I am in British Colombia and taking online classes for the college which is in British Colombia and if I go to Toronto until online classes are ended (virtual learning) then will it create any issues in future for anything like PGWP or anything?

Would be thankful for your help.
Thanks
I don’t think that would create any problem for your PGWP as long as you are enrolled full time.

jmbits

Oct 19, 2020
No I get it, if you think about it it’s just none sense honestly. Nevertheless, thank you for taking the time summarizing the webinar. Do you know what minute should I fast forward to? I don’t want to listen to the whole webinar.
I agree that this is totally weird... People who applied for the January intake should also receive AIP if you ask me. :/

Reactions: Rou1986