+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Webform Frustration

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Has anyone else had to wait weeks for a reply via webform only to have it rejected because birthdates don't match??

The IRCC webform does not even have a proper option for an applicant to inquire about his/her permanent residence. If you select 'applied by mail', there is no "family class" option for type of permanent resident application. Just these "Skilled Worker" options. So, I selected Sponsorship and entered my wife's information (the Applicant), then my information (the Sponsor).

After you click next, there's a page to upload a document if you want. Next it asks you "To help us protect your personal information and provide you with a response, please make sure you have correctly entered your email address and date of birth:"

So I put MY e-mail and MY date of birth. I wait weeks and then they reply that they'd love to help but there's an inconsistency in the personal info given. I have a look and it lists my wife's name with MY date of birth.

How are you supposed to fill out this form correctly?? Am I missing something obvious?

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Has anyone else had to wait weeks for a reply via webform only to have it rejected because birthdates don't match??

The IRCC webform does not even have a proper option for an applicant to inquire about his/her permanent residence. If you select 'applied by mail', there is no "family class" option for type of permanent resident application. Just these "Skilled Worker" options. So, I selected Sponsorship and entered my wife's information (the Applicant), then my information (the Sponsor).

After you click next, there's a page to upload a document if you want. Next it asks you "To help us protect your personal information and provide you with a response, please make sure you have correctly entered your email address and date of birth:"

So I put MY e-mail and MY date of birth. I wait weeks and then they reply that they'd love to help but there's an inconsistency in the personal info given. I have a look and it lists my wife's name with MY date of birth.

How are you supposed to fill out this form correctly?? Am I missing something obvious?
Did u raised the form again and got the reply? If yes then how much time it took to get the reply? If u still want information in raising in webform then in all information fields the information should of of main applicant which is ur wife in this case so her name her email id which is given in application and her date of birth is what officer is looking for

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016

You are not the applicant. Your wife is the applicant. Please put the email id that you have used in her PR application and also her birth date.

And my advice is that the web form be filled completely in her name. Even the person requesting the information should be her. This way no confusion.

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hello, I just wanted to know if this was then corrected properly or what is the correct approach. I have also currently filled out a webform for my step-mom. I am the designated representative for her and my father's visit visa request. Their was a mistake in the application, which i wanted to clarify in the webform. I put her name in the applicant info (with visa and UCI #), and then updated the info. I added my info in the representative info. In next page, it asked me to confirm: with my email in the email field, and my step-mom's birthday in the brithdate field. Was that okay ? I am not sure which is the correct approach (i.e. should it be my info or hers, or it doesn't matter as long as her birthdate was in there)?