+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Tution Fees Replacement - Even After Providing

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Hey guys,
I received a request from IRCC today to replace my tuition fee payment, to which I had already paid 10000$. According to my LOA, it is written the estimated tuition fee payment is 55000$(Harvs Air Professional Pilot Program), which is the total cost of one year program.
I cannot pay the entire amount, what am supposed to do ? @Ironclad @tapperb @captainarabiia Please Advise.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hey guys,
I received a request from IRCC today to replace my tuition fee payment, to which I had already paid 10000$. According to my LOA, it is written the estimated tuition fee payment is 55000$(Harvs Air Professional Pilot Program), which is the total cost of one year program.
I cannot pay the entire amount, what am supposed to do ? @Ironclad @tapperb @captainarabiia Please Advise.
What do you mean by "replace tuition payment"? Can you share what they sent you. How much did you show for financial proof?

Reactions: Naturgrl

abre196

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hey guys,
For SDS didn't you pay the first year tuition upfront?

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
What do you mean by "replace tuition payment"? Can you share what they sent you. How much did you show for financial proof?
For SDS didn't you pay the first year tuition upfront?
Thank you for replying, actually my flight school forgot to mention I had paid prepaid my 1st year tuition fees on my deferred LOA, the VO might've gotten confused and thought $55,000 is the 1st year tuition fees and not the whole training cost. I got a letter from Harvs Air, stating the amount I have paid and the total amount of the training. I wrote a letter from my side explaining the confusion, and attached it along with my tuition receipt.
I hope that will suffice ?
Thank you, I was panicking and did not frame my question properly.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thank you for replying, actually my flight school forgot to mention I had paid prepaid my 1st year tuition fees on my deferred LOA, the VO might've gotten confused and thought $55,000 is the 1st year tuition fees and not the whole training cost. I got a letter from Harvs Air, stating the amount I have paid and the total amount of the training. I wrote a letter from my side explaining the confusion, and attached it along with my tuition receipt.
I hope that will suffice ?
Thank you, I was panicking and did not frame my question properly.

Hello,

You should be fine with the moves you had made. As long as the DLI has acknowledged you with the receipt of the actual amount paid and the cost for one year pointed out, I don't think there will be any further worries except the VO is over zealous.

Best of Luck

leroyrods

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Even I got a similar request to provide them with proof of tuition even though I paid my fees in full back in March 2020.

This is the message I received
Proof of tuition paid: You must submit proof that confirms you have paid your first year of tuition. This must be received at this office by: 2021/05/18.

My college said to use my receipt from March and provided me with a letter that says I have paid my full fees and don’t owe them anything.

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Hello,

You should be fine with the moves you had made. As long as the DLI has acknowledged you with the receipt of the actual amount paid and the cost for one year pointed out, I don't think there will be any further worries except the VO is over zealous.

Best of Luck
Haha, yes. Thank you for that, I am a bit relieved right now.
Even I got a similar request to provide them with proof of tuition even though I paid my fees in full back in March 2020.

This is the message I received
Proof of tuition paid: You must submit proof that confirms you have paid your first year of tuition. This must be received at this office by: 2021/05/18.

My college said to use my receipt from March and provided me with a letter that says I have paid my full fees and don’t owe them anything.
Yes, that was exactly what they had requested me too. Do you mind sharing me your timeline ?
If they request us again, I don't have any other option, other than pay the entire amount, which is absurd. Keep us posted with your updates. Thank you!

leroyrods

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Applied in March 2020 without biometrics
SDS application
Medical got updated in July
Received AIP on August 14
Started studying for the fall 2020 sem online
Gave biometrics on the 10th of December
17th Feb 2021 I received a medical redo request and submit proof of tuition request

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Applied in March 2020 without biometrics
SDS application
Medical got updated in July
Received AIP on August 14
Started studying for the fall 2020 sem online
Gave biometrics on the 10th of December
17th Feb 2021 I received a medical redo request and submit proof of tuition request
Thank you, Hopefully we receive something positive soon.

Reactions: Bayareawarrior

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
If they request us again, I don't have any other option, other than pay the entire amount, which is absurd. Keep us posted with your updates. Thank you!
The course at Harvs Air is for 1 year.
And the cost is what they've mentioned, which is $ 55,000.
So as per IRCC rules, you need to pay that amount since you've applied under SDS.

I've been to Harvs and you need to read what is on the LOA.

Duration 12 months and course $ 55,000 ? Then you need to pay that amount.

Reactions: j8naid

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
The course at Harvs Air is for 1 year.
And the cost is what they've mentioned, which is $ 55,000.
So as per IRCC rules, you need to pay that amount since you've applied under SDS.

I've been to Harvs and you need to read what is on the LOA.

Duration 12 months and course $ 55,000 ? Then you need to pay that amount.
Let us see, As long as Harvs air do not have any issues, it'll be hopefully fine. @Ironclad What do you think?

Last edited:

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Let us see, As long as Harvs air do not have any issues, it'll be hopefully fine. @Ironclad What do you think?
As long as the financial statement is issued for one year with no outstanding balance indicated it should be fine and must be considered as 1 year tuition fee during the processing. It would be better to ping the finance department if they could help if you have not received such a statement. Sending in a web form showing the remainder funds with an explanation will also help.

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
1. What is the duration of your course as mentioned on LOA?
2. What is the cost of your course as mentioned on LOA?

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
As long as the financial statement is issued for one year with no outstanding balance indicated it should be fine and must be considered as 1 year tuition fee during the processing. It would be better to ping the finance department if they could help if you have not received such a statement. Sending in a web form showing the remainder funds with an explanation will also help.
Yes, I got a statement from my respective school showing no outstanding balance. Thank you for that.
1. What is the duration of your course as mentioned on LOA?
2. What is the cost of your course as mentioned on LOA?
1. 1 Year
2. $55,000