Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hi All,

This seems to be good news, hopefully we will get our COPR soon :) They do seem to be moving quicker than earlier. My AOR is 20th August, 2020, Medicals passed and Biometrics completed. I had written a query to them and they replied twice within the week! Is that normal? All the best to all of us :)

Reactions: assen89

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi All,

This seems to be good news, hopefully we will get our COPR soon :) They do seem to be moving quicker than earlier. My AOR is 20th August, 2020, Medicals passed and Biometrics completed. I had written a query to them and they replied twice within the week! Is that normal? All the best to all of us :)
Just have to see how fast they move to clear to backlog after the announcement on January 19, 2020. I am confident of receiving COPR in the next few weeks, seeing how fast criminality and security gets approved once your application gets opened again by the VO officer.

Reactions: rajpotula

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Just a quick question: my work permit will expire this 1st week of April, but the government has given us time till August to renew (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/public-policy-extended-restore-status.html). I have written to them regarding this, and they gave their standard reply of "We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible" :) and have also suggested I might be eligible for a bridging work permit.

Do you suggest I wait for PR (The progress bar in my account indicates it should be done by 20th February 2021) or go with the Bridging work permit? I am just concerned they might stop working on my PR and instead focus on my work permit :) Maybe wait till May and apply for the work permit...?

Thanks!

AOR: August 20, 2020
Medicals: December 24, 2020 - Passed
Biometrics: October 8, 2020 - Completed
Background Check: Processing
Review of Eligibility: Reviewing

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Just a quick question: my work permit will expire this 1st week of April, but the government has given us time till August to renew (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/public-policy-extended-restore-status.html). I have written to them regarding this, and they gave their standard reply of "We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible" :) and have also suggested I might be eligible for a bridging work permit.

Do you suggest I wait for PR (The progress bar in my account indicates it should be done by 20th February 2021) or go with the Bridging work permit? I am just concerned they might stop working on my PR and instead focus on my work permit :) Maybe wait till May and apply for the work permit...?

Thanks!

AOR: August 20, 2020
Medicals: December 24, 2020 - Passed
Biometrics: October 8, 2020 - Completed
Background Check: Processing
Review of Eligibility: Reviewing
IRCC announced on January 19, 2020 CEC express applications will be processed at full capacity. And I see some August applicants have already started receiving COPR, wait until February 20, 2021 to see if you will receive yours before then before deciding to apply for BOWP.

Reactions: rajpotula

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
IRCC announced on January 19, 2020 CEC express applications will be processed at full capacity. And I see some August applicants have already started receiving COPR, wait until February 20, 2021 to see if you will receive yours before then before deciding to apply for BOWP.
Ok, will wait for it then. Appreciate your suggestion and thanks for the quick reply! :)

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Is it true August CEC started getting CORP? I can see much difference. also the site say Aug 12 even after a month..

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hi assen89, the progress bar has reached 100% in my account, but no COPR yet. The pending thing from my side was my wife's biometrics. As she is in India and VACs were not open earlier, she couldn't submit her biometrics. But now she has completed her biometrics on 2nd March and they are reflecting in my account. I was thinking I will wait till 15th march and submit my application for Bridging Work Permit.

Last edited:

Aminjoon

Jul 2, 2015
lol! take it with grain of salt. AOR March 2020 here and still waiting since July for the officer to take a look at my RCMP report. So unfair, so shameful.

Pius23

Sep 27, 2020
Anyone with information on where issuing of COPR has gotten top in terms of date of AOR's?

Thanks