+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC to process CEC Express Entry applications at full capacity

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Status of Express Entry applications Last updated: 01-19-2021

• Canadian experience class
    • We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
      • You may experience delays in processing because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19
    • We started processing applications received the week of August 12, 2020.
  • Other Express Entry applications
    • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience delays
    • We’ll update this when timelines become available
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#processing

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
It only made sense to focus on CEC applicants that are already in the country that are able to perform the virtual landing if they are to meet their annual target of 400,000 immigrants. This is good news for January-July, 2020 applicants who have had to endure longer than normal processing times.

The focus now is clearing the back log from January 1-August 12, 2020 from what was announced. Or am I reading it wrong and the focus is on applications received after August 12, 2020?

Last edited:
Reactions: seal_light

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
No it does not make any sense to process application after august 12. I believe they will clear backlog as well as start process application within a normal processing time from august 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: assen89

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
No it does not make any sense to process to application after august 12. I believe they will clear backlog as well as started process application within a normal processing time from august 12.
It only made logical sense to focus on CEC applicants who are already in the country and can do the virtual landing, unlike FSW and PNP applicants who are outside the country and are unable to do so.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It only made logical sense to focus on CEC applicants who are already in the country and can do the virtual landing, unlike FSW and PNP applicants who are outside the country and are unable to do so.
You know there are plenty FSW and PNP applicants who are inland right?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Lets hope "full capacity" makes a difference.
What if they have been working at full capacity this whole time at the current pace. It can be interpreted in so many ways, such as full capacity under the pandemic conditions and not necessarily before pre-pandemic times.

Reactions: joaliriano

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
What if they have been working at full capacity this whole time at the current pace. It can be interpreted in so many ways, such as full capacity under the pandemic conditions and not necessarily before pre-pandemic times.
Thats what Im afraid of

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
For applicants with AOR Jan-April, 2020, did you apply as a single applicant or have dependents as well,and if you have dependents are they inland or outland?

I do see an increase in COPR's issued since the announcement on Jan 19,2020, but mostly for June and August applicants.

Last edited:

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
For applicants with AOR Jan-April, 2020, did you apply as a single applicant or have dependents as well,and if you ahve dependents are they inland or outland?

I do see an increase in COPR's issued since the announcement on Jan 19,2020, but mostly for June and August applicants.
I have 1 dependent inland...My file hasn't been touched since July (AOR FEB)