+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC to IRB

MO. SS

Dec 28, 2023
Are there options available to track the status of an asylum case (inland - online) transferred from IRCC to IRB (court), such as online methods or contacting the court directly?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What I mean is to know the status of the case, has a decision been made and all the other information available!
You just have to wait. Have you had your hearing yet and how long has it been since the hearing? When did you apply for asylum?

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
I think that he has just finished his eligibility interview and his case has just been referred to IRB.. Maybe by mid of this month :)

Man, you need to have patience. Normally it will take months (3-5) if you are a bit luck to get contacted by IRB to set a date for the hearing which will be after 3-4 months from that date :(

Some cases are completed within 8-10 months, but it is very normal that a case will take 18 to 24 months :( :(

Go try to find a job and get yourself busy.. pass your time in something useful.

I am in the same boat like you, my case was referred to IRB more than 2 months, nothing so far... and I know that I have to wait for months to come to hear from IRB :( :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The asylum application process typically requires a lot of patience and most of the time you are just waiting until you get a hearing date . There is no way to track anything and a large portion of the time your application is sitting in a pile waiting for your turn. The only thing you may hear before your hearing is whether you are being considered for expedited processing and will be able to have a short hearing or in some cases no hearing but that can still take 6-12 months. The number of asylum claims this year is much higher than normal so wait times are likely going to get longer.

theclaimer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2022
It took me 22 months to get the hearing date though my case was considered less complex. But later my case was transferred from Montreal to Toronto (I do not know why, but my lawyer was happy about the transfer). I had a regular hearing. It depends on case to case, I guess.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It took me 22 months to get the hearing date though my case was considered less complex. But later my case was transferred from Montreal to Toronto (I do not know why, but my lawyer was happy about the transfer). I had a regular hearing. It depends on case to case, I guess.
Due to the large volume of applicants because of the governments decisions to relax TRV requirements after the large volume of applicants coming through Roxham road there will likely long wait times for many years to come. It sounds like await times are even getting significantly longer for less complex cases. There are also quite a lot of economic migrants who are applying for asylum so that also delays the application. In general people need to get prepared for wait times for hearings to go back 2+ years for many cases. People should focus on becoming self-sufficient and getting employed and off any type of government assistance while waiting for a hearing. Becoming financially self-sufficient and working will only help people in the end.

Reactions: theclaimer