+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC talking to an agent

rxtve

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Thanks. I was able to get through to them. It's certainly more tedious that it used to be. Also I'm not sure where you're calling from but I'm calling from Canada and I get the option to leave my phone number and have someone call me when my number is up in the queue. It's pretty convenient.
Hi! how did you manage to get to that? I have been trying but I never get that option

ranmengyu

Oct 20, 2021
Hi! how did you manage to get to that? I have been trying but I never get that option
It was prob last year, there's no more option to leave message now.
I couldnt get through them via phone but my continuous web cases worked (I think), they finally updated our status and sent us through to the final decision. Meanwhile, I also tried to DM them on twitter, replied to their emails (not the donotreply one but the one they indicated in their notification), created many web cases (some of my cases were closed claiming it's resolved but it's never resolved, I think their agents just try to close those cases before they "expire")

Hope this helps, don't give up and keep trying!!

Cli03

May 19, 2022
Can I call even though I have a representative? I have all the information for my application

Jnessah

Oct 31, 2022
You have to select the option to get an update on your existing application, and when prompted, enter your UCI, then your file number, then listen to the recording that reads out the details on your gckey account. Then, finally, after a long while, you can select the option to speak to a representative.

Select that option and be immediately told that all agents are busy helping other people and please call back later - then they hang up on you.

It took me 10 tries over a few days to finally reach someone recently. When you do finally reach someone, please don't take this ridiculous experience out on the agent - they're overworked and stressed beyond belief. A little sympathy improves the quality of the information they provide considerably.
do you remember the time and the day you called before you got a hold of someone?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
It has become impossible to get hold of an agent nowadays. I tried 8-9 am, 11-12pm, 3-4 pm - all agents are always busy. What's the point of having a call centre then?