+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Sydney Office

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
I’m not sure if there’s an official thread for the Sydney IRCC citizenship office, but looking to connect with others who are being processed here. Please share timeline, updates, road-blocks etc. They seem to be extremely slow, here’s my timeline:
Applied online: June 3rd, 2022 single applicant
AOR: June 21st
Test invite: Jan 24th (Scarborough)
Test completed: January 30th
….. no updates since then. Ordered gcms notes and it just says my LPP was assigned there

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I’m not sure if there’s an official thread for the Sydney IRCC citizenship office, but looking to connect with others who are being processed here. Please share timeline, updates, road-blocks etc. They seem to be extremely slow, here’s my timeline:
Applied online: June 3rd, 2022 single applicant
AOR: June 21st
Test invite: Jan 24th (Scarborough)
Test completed: January 30th
….. no updates since then. Ordered gcms notes and it just says my LPP was assigned there
Type: Paper application
Application: Family (3)
Application sent: Nov 14 2022
Delivered: Nov 17
AOR: Jan 13 2023
BG Complete: Mar 1st 2023
Test Complete: March 13(Myself) and March 21(Hubby)
Hi there,
Our Primary office is Sydney
Secondary office is Calgary
Last time I called the agent, I was told that LPP hasn't started and that it hasn't been transfered to Calgary yet - that we are within the processing timeline.
I wonder if all files get transfered to Sydney for LPP or just in the cases of people who's primary office is Sydney. We haven't received any GU, our tracker just says 'waiting on you, submit additional information though we provided everything.

Favorable_1

Jun 10, 2023
Paper family application
May 2022
Test and background done
Assigned to Rc8090 office, my best guess that is also sydney office, still waiting on LPP.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Primary office: Vancouver
Assigned to RC8090. No updates since Test was taken Feb 9th. Still waiting on LPP. AOR Oct 21. Online application.
From my reading, Sydney office completes LPP with 5-6 months after test. So I’m hopeful to see movement by July. I have stopped checking the tracker. Figured I’ll get an email when it’s time for oath. No need to stress myself with IRCC’s incompetence.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Assigned to RC8090. No updates since Test was taken Feb 9th. Still waiting on LPP. AOR Oct 21. Online application.
From my reading, Sydney office completes LPP with 5-6 months after test. So I’m hopeful to see movement by July. I have stopped checking the tracker. Figured I’ll get an email when it’s time for oath. No need to stress myself with IRCC’s incompetence.
I think we would have been better off applying in Jan 2023 or even Feb. We would have had oath's by now!

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
I’ve stopped checking too. I was hoping to go to Europe this summer with my Canadian passport, but I guess now I’ll hope for a winter vacation instead. Good luck!

Reactions: Babybae

Mistymac

Dec 2, 2022
AOR June 23rd
Online applicant (im living in BC) but with Sydney office.
Absolutely no movement until a request for more information in Nov. Background complete March 2. Test marked completed March 23 which showed on tracker March 25. Tracker still says waiting on you for info but every person i have spoken to says its a glitch and im ok.
Tracker hasnt changed since March 25th.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
AOR June 23rd
Online applicant (im living in BC) but with Sydney office.
Absolutely no movement until a request for more information in Nov. Background complete March 2. Test marked completed March 23 which showed on tracker March 25. Tracker still says waiting on you for info but every person i have spoken to says its a glitch and im ok.
Tracker hasnt changed since March 25th.
you are lucky. Application also in Sydney. Tracker hasn't changed since Feb 9th.

ppcg2510

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
27-06-2018
Med's Request
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
06-11-2019
Passport Req..
24-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2020
LANDED..........
08-02-2020
Hi, please find my timeline below. GCMS notes say my LPP are assigned to Sydney (RC8090). Last actual update (not ghost) was January 2023.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Online applicant from Vancouver here. My background got delayed. First I got test invitation from Vancouver office. Then my background completed after 8months from test by Sydney office. Each time I reached out the news I heard was my file is with Sydney office. Earlier this month my LPP also got completed. Still at Sydney. So I am assuming for people who gets there background delayed than test Sydney will be processing their rest of the application too. Local office (Vancouver) will only do the test. Now I am wondering from where I’d be getting the oath invite. Cause last I spoke it still assigned to Sydney even after all turned green except Oath. Any similar experiences? Anybody whose everything except test for processed in Sydney but got the oath from local office?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Anyone here who has got their GCMS notes mentioning a due of 2024/01/08 for their LPP?
I applied in November and its crazy how my due date would be Jan 2024 unless they look at your AOR!!
It still doesn't make sense at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
yes my Lpp says due date dec 2023 i have no idea
primary office scarborough
but lpp assigned to rc 8090
Unfortunately the majority of files are assigned to Sydney for LPP completion. But the same Sydney office that is slow for us, sails through the newer applications.

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, my primary office is Sydney. I applied in March 2023 and my test was completed in the first week of June. Currently, I have LPP in progress.
I got my GCMS notes, and the due dates for LPP are 2024/03/11. Does this mean 11 March or 3 November?
Also, what are your dates?

Smsm73

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hey guys, my primary office is Sydney. I applied in March 2023 and my test was completed in the first week of June. Currently, I have LPP in progress.
I got my GCMS notes, and the due dates for LPP are 2024/03/11. Does this mean 11 March or 3 November?
Also, what are your dates?
Doesn’t matter, dates generated by the system and they don’t mean anything.

Reactions: april2014_AINP