+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Strike

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
my application has been submitted on december 1st and been transferred to Etobicoke january 31st, and still processing, how much do you think it would need more until they make the final decision?
Is there a reason for asking this same question in two different threads?

Anyway, no one can predict the timing. The timeline posted by the IRCC on its website is 16 months for spousal applications outland. You have posted under the "Family Class Sponsorship", although the type of family class application you have not mentioned. But, I think they are all in that range of about 16 months. But there are a lot of variables.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not a problem, I built immunity after waiting for 2.5 years for my citizenship application to get finalized. I mastered the waiting game!
Most haven’t mastered the game and expect changes daily and contact IRCC regularly when posted processing times and anecdotal reports indicate there will be long periods of time (often months) when there will be no changes.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Most haven’t mastered the game and expect changes daily and contact IRCC regularly when posted processing times and anecdotal reports indicate there will be long periods of time (often months) when there will be no changes.
It wouldn`t exists (well, not really, but definitely less) if the system was more transparent and concise. I can understand why for some it might be stressful as sometimes it`s not the simple matter of just fire and forget... and then just live-on without worrying about anything until you get the results. Life can drastically change in one day and it`s not under one's control and there is too much at stake. I don't say that's it for everyone but it can happen. But lack of clear understanding of the current status of the application is not helping.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saw on the morning news that PSAC picket lines (at least one line) is moving to one of the land borders in B.C.

I guess this proves that there is movement, albeit only in terms of geographical location of a handful of those on strike. LOL!

Hoping that this is resolved soon.

Reactions: irinaaas11

TCMalster

Jan 20, 2023
It seems as if the strike might be over and I read somewhere that workers are required to be back at work today

Mariela375

May 1, 2023
Anyone having troubles logging into the IRCC secure account?
I can not get in it gives me this error "Session has time out"