+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC stamped on passport with old name using biometric details

parth3p

Oct 19, 2020
Hi folks,

I have applied TRV for my wife. But, IRCC stamped on passport through biometrics details instead of current application details(including passport, work permit stamp,all other required documents). She had given biometrics before marriage.

Should we send the documents for amendment?
Or anyone who faced similar problem though IRCC? Need help.

thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have applied TRV for my wife. But, IRCC stamped on passport through biometrics details instead of current application details(including passport, work permit stamp,all other required documents). She had given biometrics before marriage.
I have no idea what you are saying. What does "IRCC stamped on passport through biometrics details" mean?

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

parth3p

Oct 19, 2020
I have no idea what you are saying. What does "IRCC stamped on passport through biometrics details" mean?
Biometrics valid for 10 years and she did biometrics before the marriage. After marriage: last name changed, passport also
Now, when you receive passport stamp request, apart from that document, you receive correspondence letter which shows biometric is valid for 10 years, keep this number, …. And all.

I mean IRCC put stamp trv through this correspondence letter which is wrong. They made a mistake on passport stamp.
? ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I mean IRCC put stamp trv through this correspondence letter which is wrong. They made a mistake on passport stamp.
? ?
I still don't understand. What exactly is wrong on the passport stamp (which is called the 'visa' BTW)?

The biometrics is irrelevant - only a correct visa is needed.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You'll need to send it to get it fixed, yes. Name on visa should match that on the passport in which the visa is affixed. If you did this at VFS, take it back to them.

I believe the package you got back says what to do if there are any errors. If different from my above - read their own instructions.

parth3p

Oct 19, 2020
Ok. Thank you so much for the information. I was thinking the same to send back to them.appreciate for help