• Oath: Not started
  • Ecas: In progress
My other son (12 years old)
  • Prohibitions: Completed - 08-Feb-2022
  • Other topics are In progress
  • Oath: Not started
  • Ecas: In progress
I have some question for you:
I know it's difficult to know; however, do you know what is the next step? Because we didn't receive any email from them but the status in the old tracker Is DM.

we applied like a family.
  1. When we receive the Oath invitation, we can use one laptop for all us or we have to conect with different devices? I ask this because we are 3 that we have to attend the invitation, including my old son because he is over 14 years old. This question is inportant for us because I read in tge Oath, you attend a couples minutes in a private room (we can be together or separated?)
  2. Do you know, why my children don't have the same update than us?
  3. Do you know (approx) how long we have wait for the Oath invitation or the next step?
  4. I have to check our application because we didn't receive any email, is that okay?
Thank you so much group and sorry, for many question.
I hope they work quick on the applications
Congrats on reaching DM.
1. Yes, you can all connect with one laptop. That is what IRCC prefers.
2. The reason your children do not have the same update with you is because they did not have Language skills and and Physical Presence as a requirement, since they are both under 18 years of age. When applying, you did not have to submit proof of Language for them, nor did you have to use the physical presence calculator for them.
3. Nobody knows the answer to this, some people got Oath scheduling within 1 month, while others have been waiting for more than 6 months. Just pray for the best.
4. Yes, that is OK. You will not receive any more emails till you get your Oath invitation.

• Love
Reactions: kaisdeco

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hey Guys,

I have scheduled an interview with a CIC officer this Friday, any advise on what kind of questions do I have to respond and documents that I need to present?

Thank you in advance,
They just checked my ID (driving license, or card) during my interview. No questions were asked as I didn't have any travels outside Canada during the eligibility period.
I had all my original documents ready beside me in case they ask to see it but they didn't.
It literally took 3 minutes. Good luck!

Reactions: totosky

UnBip

Jan 28, 2021
Had my oath on February 5th, just got today an update on ECAS that now my citizenship application is closed. I'm still waiting for the certificate.

Thatsnotmyname

Feb 14, 2019
I just got this reply from scarb office. I’m a little bit sad because I really want to visit my family. My little bro is getting married in July and with these time lines who knows if I’ll even be able to go. I don’t understand why they give special treatment to some and not others.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting our office. Please be advised we have an inventory of ceremony ready files and all ceremonies have been scheduled up until April 31, 2022. You will receive the Notice to Appear by email 1 week prior to the event.

Regards,

IRCC Scarborough Team
Ouch. There goes my hope of being able to vote for the upcoming provincial and municipal elections.

totosky

Dec 31, 2021
They just checked my ID (driving license, or card) during my interview. No questions were asked as I didn't have any travels outside Canada during the eligibility period.
I had all my original documents ready beside me in case they ask to see it but they didn't.
It literally took 3 minutes. Good luck!
Thank you, @SShehata did you complete already the oath? how a long after the interview?

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
There is quite enough time for July.just be optimistic ,you can make it .
if they’re booked until the end of April like they say that only gives me two full months (May and June) and given their very relaxed attitude two months doesn’t seem like quite enough time after all.