Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 14, 2020.
  4. Decision Made Oct 22 2021 nothing since then
You'll get an oath update in a couple of weeks. After DM is ready, the file moves to the "Oath Ready" status... someone on an FB group had emailed the folks who are in charge of the oath ceremony to ask for an earlier date - the response they got was that there is a large backlog of "oath ready" files, and they are clearing them gradually - but even with 3 oath ceremonies per day, the backlog at scarborough office extends to March end 2022.

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
What travel documents did they ask for? I've seen people email scans of their PP did they ask specifically for the hard copy?
Scarborough asks for hard copies unfortunately... They're not very climate conscious lol

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Scarborough asks for hard copies unfortunately... They're not very climate conscious lol
I do not understand why they asked for hard copies. Maybe they can claim that it is more difficult to process/review hard copies than scanned copies, another excuse for the delayed processing of the 2019 and early 2020 applications?

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
I do not understand why they asked for hard copies. Maybe they can claim that it is more difficult to process/review hard copies than scanned copies, another excuse for the delayed processing of the 2019 and early 2020 applications?
I don't think so.i submitted by hard copies in the end of August and got DM in 3 weeks or so...

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Interesting! Good to know though, thanks!
I currently don't have my old passport that I used to apply with because it was expiring and I had to send it as supporting documents for my new passport and the UK still hasn't sent it back so I'm a little bit nervous about that!

hallooo

Apr 6, 2021
not really. i had to send in the hard copy and got DM in a week

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Got oath ceremony scheduled for December 13!!!! :D

hopefully this gives hope to those who’ve been waiting a long time.

anyone know what time they usually do those? or If they restarted doing in person ceremonies?
Congrats. I remember you got DM not a long ago. Good they remembered you and didn't make you wait for any longer. There is no specific time for the ceremonies. Some ceremonies start early in the morning, others in the afternoon, but all ceremonies are still virtual over zoom.

Faw

Oct 16, 2021
Hi, A question, is traveling make slow my citizenship processing? anyone has any experience, please share

attorneyasim

Jun 27, 2016
Hi can you please share the address where you send the copies
Has anyone had to email their passport copies to the Scarborough office? If so, what was the email ID to which you had to send the documents?

I received an email asking for passport copies but was asked to send the physical copies by mail/courier. I did that two days ago - but my courier did not obtain the signature of the recipient, so i'm not 100% if the delivery happened... I'm looking to send a soft copy of the documents too, but the email ID from which I received the request letter states that the ID does not allow document submissions.

Miaaa S

Nov 2, 2021
I did my oath on October 8th but haven’t received my certificate. Anyone on the same boat? My other mails arrived fine in the last a few weeks...