• Application Sent: Dec 22, 2020
  • Application Received: Dec 24, 2020
  • AOR: Feb 26, 2021
  • Background Verification: April 27, 2021
  • Scheduled for citizenship test: July 2, 2021
  • Citizenship test completed: July 6, 2021
  • Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions completed: October 8, 2021
  • Last Updated: October 11, 2021
  • Your citizenship application status: In progress (In Process on ECAS)
I'm guessing Oath will probably be sometime in 2022 based on the replies here,

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Hey Guys, new here... my timeline below:
  • Application Sent: Dec 22, 2020
  • Application Received: Dec 24, 2020
  • AOR: Feb 26, 2021
  • Background Verification: April 27, 2021
  • Scheduled for citizenship test: July 2, 2021
  • Citizenship test completed: July 6, 2021
  • Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions completed: October 8, 2021
  • Last Updated: October 11, 2021
  • Your citizenship application status: In progress (In Process on ECAS)
I'm guessing Oath will probably be sometime in 2022 based on the replies here,
Probably in 2022 but you’re almost there!

Reactions: charlyhallak

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Hi Folks - Anyone know what the next steps are if one doesn't receive their citizenship certificate 4 weeks after the oath? Do we just submit a solemn declaration to IRCC or apply for a new citizenship certificate? Note that the latter costs $75 and takes over 15 months - and according to the application form, it does not apply to people who have never received their certificate.. (unless I'm mistaken)..

Any inputs from people who have faced this situation, or know of those who have, would be helpful...

TIA

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Folks - Anyone know what the next steps are if one doesn't receive their citizenship certificate 4 weeks after the oath? Do we just submit a solemn declaration to IRCC or apply for a new citizenship certificate? Note that the latter costs $75 and takes over 15 months - and according to the application form, it does not apply to people who have never received their certificate.. (unless I'm mistaken)..

Any inputs from people who have faced this situation, or know of those who have, would be helpful...

TIA
My oath officer told me to email them if this happened (6 weeks and still no certificate). Not sure if you happen to still have a direct line with the office. In the worst case, send a webform or call the call centre.

There should be no need to pay the $75.

This sounds torturous, but you probably shouldn’t contact them until it’s been 6 weeks, since that’s the standard time, and they will likely not do anything until 6 weeks have actually passed. Hopefully it does arrive in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

TIA
15 months? So if your certificate is lost you have to wait another year and a half to receive a new one? What hell is this with IRCC?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone volunteer to start a petition regarding the slow progress of IRCC?
I believe millions of applicants will support that.
There are already a lot of petitions on change.org.. I see a new one every other day on Twitter. They have stopped caring about this as well.