+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any 2020 applicants from Scarborough still waiting for BG checks to be complete or everything ‘in progress’?

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
According to the tracker I have my oath ceremony on August 30th. I still didn't receive the invitation letter. Does anybody knows what's involved in postponing the oath ceremony? I might be out of the country on that day. What if I receive the invitation when I am out of Canada? is it possible to take the test from abroad? if not, how much time can be postponed?

I am just looking around to see if someone had the same issue. I really want to get the citizenship process done but I am not in rush as long as I will have the chance to do it before my PR expire next April 2022

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
According to the tracker I have my oath ceremony on August 30th. I still didn't receive the invitation letter. Does anybody knows what's involved in postponing the oath ceremony? I might be out of the country on that day. What if I receive the invitation when I am out of Canada? is it possible to take the test from abroad? if not, how much time can be postponed?

I am just looking around to see if someone had the same issue. I really want to get the citizenship process done but I am not in rush as long as I will have the chance to do it before my PR expire next April 2022
That's unfortunate. Getting an oath date is a difficult task nowadays. If I were you, I would take the oath unless there's an extreme emergency or an exceptional circumstance.

Having said that... Once you receive the oath letter and if you won't be in the country on ceremony date, follow the instructions on the IRCC website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/citizenship.html#oath

You need to be in Canada to take the Oath of Citizenship. If you get your invitation while you’re outside Canada, reply to the invitation email to explain your situation in detail.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Oath of Citizenship” in the subject line
  • In the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • a detailed explanation of your situation
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
At this time, there is no evidence you can take the oath of citizenship outside Canada so IRCC will likely ask you to postpone it.

rafa2mac

Jul 21, 2014
That's unfortunate. Getting an oath date is a difficult task nowadays. If I were you, I would take the oath unless there's an extreme emergency or an exceptional circumstance.

Having said that... Once you receive the oath letter and if you won't be in the country on ceremony date, follow the instructions on the IRCC website.

At this time, there is no evidence you can take the oath of citizenship outside Canada so IRCC will likely ask you to postpone it.
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
There was someone here who has oath on 9

Hi can you tell us if you got the email or not yet. Was just curious as my oath is on 9th Sept so could be ready on when to expect the email.
Hi,

I got the email with instructions just 3 days before the event date.
So don't worry at all , i was in the same situation. But you will get , in worst case scenario 1 day ahead at least.

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Thanks for this estimated timeline. Can someone confirm CC refers to citizenship certificate? My impression was that I could simply apply for a Canadian passport after the oath. What purposed does a citizenship certificate serve?

Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

-Online Test - "Interview"

1-2 months, the "interview" can be simply asking for passport or Q1.

-"Interview"-DM
Ca. 7-10 days

-DM-Oath
1-2 months (and ca. 10 days for Oath to appear on tracker after DM)

-Oath-CC Receipt
-Ca. 14 days

A rough approximation and generalization, and the difference between <2019 and >2019 applicants is diminishing, the processing times are also generally slowly improving.

Does this sound about right to you?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for this estimated timeline. Can someone confirm CC refers to citizenship certificate? My impression was that I could simply apply for a Canadian passport after the oath. What purposed does a citizenship certificate serve?
Yeah CC = Citizenship Certificate.

You can't apply for a passport without the citizenship certificate. It is the official proof that you are a Canadian citizen. That's the only purpose of that document.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Got my status updated and oath scheduled for November 12, 2021.
So far from now. I'm surprised if they send an official invite for a closer date.
But I'm happy anyway ;)
All details are in my signature.
Congratulations! I'm really amazed and surprised that Scarborough is working to schedule applicants till Nov. But at least that's a good sign that they are actively working :)

Reactions: Hapique

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Congratulations! I'm really amazed and surprised that Scarborough is working to schedule applicants till Nov. But at least that's a good sign that they are actively working :)
Thank you! I agree :) It's a weird time distance, but appreciated anyway. It looks like I won's sleep till November to receive an official mail with instructions days before. They may restart off-line ceremonies even, who knows.

Reactions: BadGamer6

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
For those who are waiting for oath in this thread - apparently Scarborough has entered the December queue. Have seen someone had their oath scheduled for early December. Just as a maybe-representative assumption, if you get an update by tomorrow, it will most likely be some time in December for your oath.

It's tough but it's better than nothing.

But hey! Many of you didn't have to do interviews, I was requested passport copies and interviews, just like some of us back in March and April, that was really nerve-wracking.

Last edited:

ana0911

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
So I took my test on may 29th 2021 and it updated as completed on May 30th.Checked old ecas it says decision made and new tracker shows everything completed just oath not started.It was updated on the 9th of august which was yesterday.Any guess how long I should be waiting to get an email for the oath?

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
So I took my test on may 29th 2021 and it updated as completed on May 30th.Checked old ecas it says decision made and new tracker shows everything completed just oath not started.It was updated on the 9th of august which was yesterday.Any guess how long I should be waiting to get an email for the oath?
Can you share the time line, I do not see you in the spreadsheet.