+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

SAM Jani

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Is there anybody having completed an online test in July and received an oath invite for the Scarborough office? can anyone share a timeline.

Thanks

Mpvzla

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-10-2017
Hi All,

I wanted to share the unusually fast timeline for one of my friends who had her virtual oath yesterday, and I was there with her.

Regular Application (Non-urgent)
Type: Single
Processing Office: Scarborough
Application received: Mid August 2020
AOR: End of January 2021
Test Invite: April 28th, 2021
Test Taken: May 14th, 2021
Test set to Completed on Tracker: May 21st, 2021
Decision Made: First week of June 2021
Oath Scheduled Date showed on the tracker on June 18th, 2021 for Aug 4th 2021 Oath
Oath Date: Aug 4th, 2021 (Completed)

From the time the application was received to the ceremony it was a little less than 1 year, which is unusually fast considering COVID and the fact that it was regular processing. I believe that because she is considered an essential worker maybe they prioritized her application? who knows! Or maybe just pure luck.

I had the opportunity to witness her oath ceremony, and it was very emotional looking back at all the sacrifices we made 7 years ago when we first came to this country.

Good luck to everyone! Patiently waiting for my turn now.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

I wanted to share the unusually fast timeline for one of my friends who had her virtual oath yesterday, and I was there with her.

Regular Application (Non-urgent)
Type: Single
Processing Office: Scarborough
Application received: Mid August 2020
AOR: End of January 2021
Test Invite: April 28th, 2021
Test Taken: May 14th, 2021
Test set to Completed on Tracker: May 21st, 2021
Decision Made: First week of June 2021
Oath Scheduled Date showed on the tracker on June 18th, 2021 for Aug 4th 2021 Oath
Oath Date: Aug 4th, 2021 (Completed)

From the time the application was received to the ceremony it was a little less than 1 year, which is unusually fast considering COVID and the fact that it was regular processing. I believe that because she is considered an essential worker maybe they prioritized her application? who knows! Or maybe just pure luck.

I had the opportunity to witness her oath ceremony, and it was very emotional looking back at all the sacrifices we made 7 years ago when we first came to this country.

Good luck to everyone! Patiently waiting for my turn now.
Great. Its not all bad news everywhere. Good news like this is a silver lining and keep people going.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuzzBuzz and Mpvzla

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Scrabrough office is very slow and non of then working hard otherwise we should done everything now .I am applicant from March 2019 and until now not even decision made so I am wondering how they process application .by age ? By wight ? By good looking ? Or by favoritism ?
What s the rule of processing....anyone knows ?

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
March 2020 applicant here. My Ecas changed to decision made today. I guess it will be months until I get my oath letter and then another few months till my oath ceremony. Literally everything is open now! why don't they just resume in person ceremonies to fast track everything?

Reactions: rubz9911

Harry001in

Aug 11, 2017
Hello,

I gave my Canadian citizenship test in March 2021 and I passed it. I received an email just recently for an invitation to write a citizenship test. I am confused as to why did I receive an email to give exam again. I should have receiving an email to give an oath. Anyone else faced this issue?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

I gave my Canadian citizenship test in March 2021 and I passed it. I received an email just recently for an invitation to write a citizenship test. I am confused as to why did I receive an email to give exam again. I should have receiving an email to give an oath. Anyone else faced this issue?
Did it say "write" citizenship test or did it ask you to re-take the test over MS teams orally? Re-tests usually happen over MS teams. The IRCC official will show you a PowerPoint presentation with the questions and you'll be answering questions orally. This could have happened because they weren't able to validate the results of your first attempt.

What is the status of Citizenship Test on the status dashboard? Was it set to "Completed" or did it remain "In Progress"?

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
For those who already received their citizenship certificate, when did your citizenship oath status change to complete in the new tracker and when did you receive the certificate in the mail?

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
Passed my Citizenship test on July 03 and status for citizenship test updated on July 6,2021 .
No update after that.
Can anyone tell how long usually it takes after you complete test ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Passed my Citizenship test on July 03 and status for citizenship test updated on July 6,2021 .
No update after that.
Can anyone tell how long usually it takes after you complete test ?
There is no "usual" anymore. Timelines greatly vary. Take a look at the spreadsheet (links in my signature) to see how your peers are doing. There isn't a standard timeline - depends on your file, the office and the officer processing your application.

Harry001in

Aug 11, 2017
Did it say "write" citizenship test or did it ask you to re-take the test over MS teams orally? Re-tests usually happen over MS teams. The IRCC official will show you a PowerPoint presentation with the questions and you'll be answering questions orally. This could have happened because they weren't able to validate the results of your first attempt.

What is the status of Citizenship Test on the status dashboard? Was it set to "Completed" or did it remain "In Progress"?
They said I need to take (not re-write) the citizenship test. There is no indication about retaking the test or other reason for not considering the first attempt. At the moment, the status states "In progress".

Mackings

Apr 6, 2021
There was someone here who has oath on 9
Hello everyone !

my oath has been scheduled for Aug9th. The decision made and oath date mentioned was back in June ,

my oath ceremony is in the next4 to 5 days. I havent recieved any email instruction s on how to attend and any information.
Can someone please tell me when will we get an email with these instructions ??
Hi can you tell us if you got the email or not yet. Was just curious as my oath is on 9th Sept so could be ready on when to expect the email.