+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

wonder_ponder

Aug 18, 2016
Thanks, everyone. Just checked the online tracker and I see that I've been scheduled for my oath ceremony next month(24th). One final question - I don't have an email as yet with the invite details? I understand this is the usual trend where the tracker gets updated before the email is sent. Any idea as to when the email is typically sent? 1-2 weeks before the ceremony perhaps?

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Thanks, everyone. Just checked the online tracker and I see that I've been scheduled for my oath ceremony next month(24th). One final question - I don't have an email as yet with the invite details? I understand this is the usual trend where the tracker gets updated before the email is sent. Any idea as to when the email is typically sent? 1-2 weeks before the ceremony perhaps?
It will probably be sent closer to the date of ceremony from what I have read on the forum.

wonder_ponder

Aug 18, 2016
These days the backlog is huge but you never know they might invite you for the Oath soon. Just keep monitoring the tracker. Usually, they update it before they send e-mails.
how did your interview go? What kind of questions did they ask? how long was it? Must add- The immigration officer was very friendly and nice :)
Thanks
It was pretty straightforward. Standard questions related to your application.

Posting my timeline for anyone interested. I've had a long wait.
Application Sent: Feb 2019
AOR: April 2019
FP: Nov 2019(Submitted immediately)
Background Completed: Dec 2019
Dec 2019 to Mar 2021 - No Activity
Reinitiated Background - Mar 2021(FP Request)
Citizenship Test - March 2021
Interview - June 2021
Oath Scheduled - July 2021

Last edited:

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Hi everyone, just checked the tracker today and it says that I am scheduled for oath ceremony on July 30, 2021. My status was last updated 3 days ago (June 14). But my overall application status still says "In progress". When does it change to Decision Made?

Also, under the next steps, it says Take the Oath of Citizenship and it's status is "waiting on you". What is that I am supposed to do here? Isn't it opposite that I am waiting on them to conduct the ceremony?

It also says follow the instructions we sent to you for information on. I haven't received any email. Judging by other people's messages, this email arrives 3 to 5 days before the ceremony. Is that correct?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone, just checked the tracker today and it says that I am scheduled for oath ceremony on July 30, 2021. My status was last updated 3 days ago (June 14). But my overall application status still says "In progress". When does it change to Decision Made?

Also, under the next steps, it says Take the Oath of Citizenship and it's status is "waiting on you". What is that I am supposed to do here? Isn't it opposite that I am waiting on them to conduct the ceremony?

It also says follow the instructions we sent to you for information on. I haven't received any email. Judging by other people's messages, this email arrives 3 to 5 days before the ceremony. Is that correct?
You'll receive the email close to the date of the ceremony.

"Waiting on you..." means IRCC is waiting on you to attend the ceremony and take oath.

Reactions: Abhishek901

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks Raj. How about decision made? Have you seen any other case where ceremony got scheduled without having a decision made first.
Yeah, the status updates are sometimes inconsistent. Generally, people see "Decision Made" on ECAS before oath. May be it will change to "Decision Made" in the coming weeks, before oath.

Good luck!

Reactions: Abhishek901

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Just FYI - in the new citizenship tracker there is no longer a "Decision Made" status, unlike the old eCAS system. It will stay as "in progress" until the day after you finish the oath which will say "closed". Just a new way they are handling things, if you don't see DM in the new system, check on the old system, you should be able to find it if everything on the new tracker is "completed" :D

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Hello every one,

I have completed my interview on 16th. Just checked this morning on the new tracker, all have been updated to completed except Oath Ceremony which says not started.

Any idea when will this change to in progress or a date would be visible ( based on other members comments) ?

I am so excited and couldnt be any more patient ..lol. Please provide ur expertise here.thanks !

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello every one,

I have completed my interview on 16th. Just checked this morning on the new tracker, all have been updated to completed except Oath Ceremony which says not started.

Any idea when will this change to in progress or a date would be visible ( based on other members comments) ?

I am so excited and couldnt be any more patient ..lol. Please provide ur expertise here.thanks !
My oath date was given immediately after the interview changed to “completed”, and ended up being accurate, so it looks like the timeline has changed for applicants now, and the process is taking longer. I guess it all depends on the availability of open oath dates.

My oath ended up being 6 weeks after my interview, so perhaps you can also approximate from there. Maybe sooner if you’re lucky.

Reactions: bsandy

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
My oath date was given immediately after the interview changed to “completed”, and ended up being accurate, so it looks like the timeline has changed for applicants now, and the process is taking longer. I guess it all depends on the availability of open oath dates.

My oath ended up being 6 weeks after my interview, so perhaps you can also approximate from there. Maybe sooner if you’re lucky.

Thanks @bellaluna . Yes, i have seen in other threads that oath is taking longer nowadays! Hopefully i would hear something soon.

Thanks again for the response :)

Reactions: bellaluna

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Got an email from IRCC to follow progress on new tracker!! There is no update though right now.

is it a good news- I can expect in near future!!!
I have read before few got such emails .