+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a question. Do we have to return our Indian passports before we apply for a Canadian one or we can do it after applying also? please advice.
You can do it after.

If you are planning on applying for OCI, you can submit your surrender + OCI application together. Surrender application is to surrender your Indian passport and your citizenship. You will cease to be an Indian citizen once this happens. OCI is Overseas Citizenship of India (it is a multi-purpose life long visa to India).

The current process was posted by one of the members here!

Good luck!

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016
You can do it after.

If you are planning on applying for OCI, you can submit your surrender + OCI application together. Surrender application is to surrender your Indian passport and your citizenship. You will cease to be an Indian citizen once this happens. OCI is Overseas Citizenship of India (it is a multi-purpose life long visa to India).

The current process was posted by one of the members here!

Good luck!
Thank you so much!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

wonder_ponder

Aug 18, 2016
Hey Everyone, I finished my interview on Saturday. I see all the status is now completed except for Citizenship Ceremony. Also, my overall application is also "in progress". Anyone had a similar experience? I'm looking at the online application status page.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hey Everyone, I finished my interview on Saturday. I see all the status is now completed except for Citizenship Ceremony. Also, my overall application is also "in progress". Anyone had a similar experience? I'm looking at the online application status page.
It’s normal. Give it 1-5 months for the oath invitation to come. The backlog at the moment is quite severe.

veeng77

Nov 27, 2016
Hello All

i gave my test on feb 11,2021
nothing after that
the new tracker shows profile is updated on may 23 ,2021 but nothing has changed

Language,physical presence -in progress
background check and test -completed
oath-not started

Do you think i need to reach out to CIC ?

El73

Oct 22, 2019
When was your test completed?

MikeSam

Jun 9, 2021
These days the backlog is huge but you never know they might invite you for the Oath soon. Just keep monitoring the tracker. Usually, they update it before they send e-mails.
how did your interview go? What kind of questions did they ask? how long was it?
Thanks

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Anyone who passed the test in early March 2021, any updates? I have nothing yet, no interview, no oath, no decision made yet....

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Anyone who passed the test in early March 2021, any updates? I have nothing yet, no interview, no oath, no decision made yet....
It looks like the Scarborough office (or any office for that matter) is slow in post-test completion phase.

If you passed the test in March, expect at least 1-2 months more to be either invited for an interview or get your application approved.

God knows how long would it take for them to clear out the backlog after the test invites they sent in last few months.

Reactions: Ahmed15