+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Ash201288

Aug 10, 2019
I have a question according to the new application tracker my file was received on June 5th 2019 do they go by that date or when they actually received your application by mail which I sent in March 2019. Bit confused ?

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
I have a question according to the new application tracker my file was received on June 5th 2019 do they go by that date or when they actually received your application by mail which I sent in March 2019. Bit confused ?
Its the date they add it to the system i.e. after or with AOR. there is always few months delay in the time you send the application and the time its added to their system

Reactions: BadGamer6

Ash201288

Aug 10, 2019
So basically I am really June applicant not March right ?? All my things are completed expect for oath which says not started. Online it says they are finalizing May 4th to May 11th applications. Fingers crossed I hear something in June as that’s when they start to finalize June applicants?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
So basically I am really June applicant not March right ?? All my things are completed expect for oath which says not started. Online it says they are finalizing May 4th to May 11th applications. Fingers crossed I hear something in June as that’s when they start to finalize June applicants?
Well in the old system you are still a March applicant since that’s when your file was delivered. It’s all super confusing right now.

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
You are always March applicant. They say it everywhere in their communication that your time starts the day we receive the application, not the day we start processing.

Ahmed15

Jul 7, 2015
Canada
Well in the old system you are still a March applicant since that’s when your file was delivered. It’s all super confusing right now.
Nothing to be confused about. Old system also had first line saying we starting processing your application on this day which was 2 to 3 months after the delivery date.

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
Hi Guys,

I have a question, I received email for online teams interview for June. They also requested for documents to be scanned and send them in next 7 days. They have asked to send color scan of every page of passport and/or travel documents that were valid from 2014 to 2019 even if they are expired.
Now along with passport copies , should i send the work permit copies which I had from 2014 to 2019 also ? or just passport page copies for both expired and new passport ? is work permit copies treated as travel document ?
Kindly let me know please.

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
another follow-up question >> in the supplementary evidence asked i.e. passport pages color copies. There is a note below which states " All passport stamps and entries including visas and permits , must be translated into English or French . This includes any entries that fall outside of the period stated above"

I have one UAE stamp in the expired passport where only the date I entered the country and the word "ENTRY" is in English and the rest few words are in Arabic. So do I need to provide a translation and an affidavit who made that translation ?

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
June 2020 applicant here. Got the test invite on May 7th & passed the test today.

According to the new tracker, background is finished & everything else excluding oath is in progress. I hope I can get some activity within a month or so :fingers-crossed:

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have a question, I received email for online teams interview for June. They also requested for documents to be scanned and send them in next 7 days. They have asked to send color scan of every page of passport and/or travel documents that were valid from 2014 to 2019 even if they are expired.
Now along with passport copies , should i send the work permit copies which I had from 2014 to 2019 also ? or just passport page copies for both expired and new passport ? is work permit copies treated as travel document ?
Kindly let me know please.
As per IRCC, Canadian travel documents are:
Refugee travel document
Certificate of identity
Emergency travel documents

I think for your home country documents may be very similar. IMHO, a work permit can't be a single document to be used to leave / enter a country, therefore it's not considered as a travel document. But it's only my unprofessional opinion. I would not attach work permits due to this reason.
another follow-up question >> in the supplementary evidence asked i.e. passport pages color copies. There is a note below which states " All passport stamps and entries including visas and permits , must be translated into English or French . This includes any entries that fall outside of the period stated above"

I have one UAE stamp in the expired passport where only the date I entered the country and the word "ENTRY" is in English and the rest few words are in Arabic. So do I need to provide a translation and an affidavit who made that translation ?
If no country / city and/or date are written in English, it should be translated accordingly.
My UAE stamps (dated 2016-2017) have "UAE" and "ENTRY" and date in English, so I decided not to translate. It has only one phrase in Arabic meaning "International Dubai Airport" though.

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
As per IRCC, Canadian travel documents are:
Refugee travel document
Certificate of identity
Emergency travel documents

I think for your home country documents may be very similar. IMHO, a work permit can't be a single document to be used to leave / enter a country, therefore it's not considered as a travel document. But it's only my unprofessional opinion. I would not attach work permits due to this reason.

If no country / city and/or date are written in English, it should be translated accordingly.
My UAE stamps (dated 2016-2017) have "UAE" and "ENTRY" and date in English, so I decided not to translate. It has only one phrase in Arabic meaning "International Dubai Airport" though.

Thanks @Hapique .
I have my passport copies ready and just waiting for the above 2 queries to clear of my mind so that i can send them the email with the docs requested. Hopefully all goes well..

I also sent an email asking the Citizenship officer if they could pre-pone my interview date. I got a response very politely that they cannot accommodate the request. Thats fine. i could understand their situation as they are working remotely.

Thanks once again....

Reactions: Hapique

adityahbk

Feb 8, 2017
on the new tracker it says I will receive a oath ceremony invite. It’s been 3 days and I haven’t received, does anyone know how long it takes to receive it ?
After the oath ceremony, do people know how long it takes to receive the certificate?

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
on the new tracker it says I will receive a oath ceremony invite. It’s been 3 days and I haven’t received, does anyone know how long it takes to receive it ?
After the oath ceremony, do people know how long it takes to receive the certificate?
Is there a date there or just says in process ?