+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

jcttt

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
no news on Oath for Scarborough applicants, right? Dang what an endless wait! Please keep us posted guys if you receive something. I think I'm refreshing my inbox and checking my spam every every 10 minutes o_O

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
no news on Oath for Scarborough applicants, right? Dang what an endless wait! Please keep us posted guys if you receive something. I think I'm refreshing my inbox and checking my spam every every 10 minutes o_O
I know how it feels...I am into 2nd week since DM and I have started checking my emails every 30 minutes..... today is another day...let's hope for the best.. you are a week ahead...you should be getting Oath invite sooner....

Mackings

Apr 6, 2021
Why is Scarborough so silent... hope the new lockdown does not slowdown IRCC again... the wait is never ending

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Why is Scarborough so silent... hope the new lockdown does not slowdown IRCC again... the wait is never ending
I know 1 guy from Scarborough who gave interview today. Another one gave interview today but not sure if that person is also from Scarborough.

There was Oath ceremony on 30 March then today and next on 13 April (or 14th April).

A very initial data set, but my thoughts into Scarborough functioning for March and so far is (I may be fully off - fetch some popcorn and read on) as follows :

Sequencing of test, interviews and Oath ceremonies:

1- Scarborough is on full speed sending test invites and conducting interviews. This may probably be going as much as officers can handle
2- Looking at past 3 ceremonies every week, I am expecting Scarborough wil be conducting 1 ceremony a week.

Future Oath ceremonies:

What I have seen here is that people with 13/14 March DM have received Oath invites for ceremony on 30 March, today and for the ceremony on 13 April.

Apparently, ceremony candidates are divided into 2 half DM slots (first 15 days and next 15 days).

I believe the first half of DM for March will be taken care of by 13 April ceremony. I am expecting the next 2nd half DM (from 15 March to 31 March) will be in batch for next ceremonies that will take place on 21/22 April and 29/30 April. This cycle will continue depending on how many DMs are there in the second half of March.

We can revisit above hypothesis by end of this month to conform to above hypothesis.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: SSA36

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice hypothesis.. not sure how “zoom” oath ceremony works. I thought you can have 100-200 people on one call but my friend mentioned that you have to cut your pr card infront of an officer so are oath ceremonies really small ?(capacity wise) one person checks if every candidate cuts their card? Curious to know what’s limiting them not to have mass oath ceremonies?

Reactions: adey786

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I know 1 guy from Scarborough who gave interview today. Another one gave interview today but not sure if that person is also from Scarborough.

There was Oath ceremony on 30 March then today and next on 13 April (or 14th April).

A very initial data set, but my thoughts into Scarborough functioning for March and so far is (I may be fully off - fetch some popcorn and read on) as follows :

Sequencing of test, interviews and Oath ceremonies:

1- Scarborough is on full speed sending test invites and conducting interviews. This may probably be going as much as officers can handle
2- Looking at past 3 ceremonies every week, I am expecting Scarborough wil be conducting 1 ceremony a week.

Future Oath ceremonies:

What I have seen here is that people with 13/14 March DM have received Oath invites for ceremony on 30 March, today and for the ceremony on 13 April.

Apparently, ceremony candidates are divided into 2 half DM slots (first 15 days and next 15 days).

I believe the first half of DM for March will be taken care of by 13 April ceremony. I am expecting the next 2nd half DM (from 15 March to 31 March) will be in batch for next ceremonies that will take place on 21/22 April and 29/30 April. This cycle will continue depending on how many DMs are there in the second half of March.

We can revisit above hypothesis by end of this month to conform to above hypothesis.

Good luck everyone!
Good theory! On an encouraging note, I think there are ceremonies happening on both 13th and 14th in Scarborough;)

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Nice hypothesis.. not sure how “zoom” oath ceremony works. I thought you can have 100-200 people on one call but my friend mentioned that you have to cut your pr card infront of an officer so are oath ceremonies really small ?(capacity wise) one person checks if every candidate cuts their card? Curious to know what’s limiting them not to have mass oath ceremonies?
In my view, probably the following 2 administrative reasons which restrict mass invites :

1- At the back end they also have to manage logistics of printing and delivering citizenship certificates (I feel that citizenship certificates are pritned and ready for dispatch right when the Oath invite is sent. May be this is something that is delaying the whole Oath process (definitely citizenship certificates are printed somewhere centrally and then dispatched to respective offices). Also as soon as ceremony is over they have to put those certificates in mail; and

2- The Oath process has 2 aspects - Oath ceremony (which is done collectively) and house keeping (which is administered for each client individually). The house keeping is a time consuming process as each client has to fill the Oath form and then have to cut PR cards infront of the officer.

Reactions: carl321

1+1=11

Dec 4, 2020
In my view, probably the following 2 administrative reasons which restrict mass invites :

1- At the back end they also have to manage logistics of printing and delivering citizenship certificates (I feel that citizenship certificates are pritned and ready for dispatch right when the Oath invite is sent. May be this is something that is delaying the whole Oath process (definitely citizenship certificates are printed somewhere centrally and then dispatched to respective offices). Also as soon as ceremony is over they have to put those certificates in mail; and

2- The Oath process has 2 aspects - Oath ceremony (which is done collectively) and house keeping (which is administered for each client individually). The house keeping is a time consuming process as each client has to fill the Oath form and then have to cut PR cards infront of the officer.
How about the hypothesis that an officer just personally doesn't feel like completing an application? Sorry for coming off as salty but I have yet to figure out how a seemingly approved urgent applicant, with no travel history, has yet to pass his Residence and Language checks. That would be me. Test done on February 26th, criminality checks passed, the borderline discriminatory security clearance checks miraculously passed, and here we are still waiting on his/her majesty to click the checkmark on Residence and Language. I guess calling and being persistent offends their sensitivities and makes them deliberately stall it. Jokes.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
How about the hypothesis that an officer just personally doesn't feel like completing an application? Sorry for coming off as salty but I have yet to figure out how a seemingly approved urgent applicant, with no travel history, has yet to pass his Residence and Language checks. That would be me. Test done on February 26th, criminality checks passed, the borderline discriminatory security clearance checks miraculously passed, and here we are still waiting on his/her majesty to click the checkmark on Residence and Language. I guess calling and being persistent offends their sensitivities and makes them deliberately stall it. Jokes.
I still think that your file is yet to be checked by an agent. Otherwise those checks should be in progress, those checks are usually completed via interviews. It’ll be there soon.

chowyto

Mar 15, 2021
Hi there, I received a call today asking me if I was available for an interview this Saturday and I said yes. The person on the phone said that she was going to email me all of the information. That was at 11:30 AM today and I still haven’t received any details for the interview. Does anyone know how long does it take to get the details for the interview?
Thanks

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi there, I received a call today asking me if I was available for an interview this Saturday and I said yes. The person on the phone said that she was going to email me all of the information. That was at 11:30 AM today and I still haven’t received any details for the interview. Does anyone know how long does it take to get the details for the interview?
Thanks
@adey786 you got a call I remember, some expertise much needed ;)

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
@adey786 you got a call I remember, some expertise much needed ;)
I got email in next hour or so.

My advice is to speak to agent tomorrow morning and help them sort it out for you. Errors can happen and perhaps officer has sent email to the wrong applicant (in my case the CIT520 had someone else's email address, however luckily our application number and other stuff was absolutely correct).

Last edited:
Reactions: BadGamer6

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I see you are an urgent processing applicant. Just be patient and you will be there my friend. You have already followed up IRCC for 5 to 6 times so perhaps wait a little and let someone pick your file. I honestly advice you to give IRCC sometime before your next follow up.

When I gave interview in February, the officer told me that it may take 2 months and I can email if I dont get Oath by then. Honestly, knowing how bureaucracy works, despite I spent all day refreshing my inbox, I dont want to send an e-mail until and unless I have crossed a week over 2 months!