+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
Didn't you download a copy of your application? I mean you can always download that from the submission portal even now. You could have shown them that.
I downloaded a copy of my application- but unfortunately the view doesn't show the absences (the download doesn't show what the actual physical calculator attachment file was as part of the application).
Oh well, I've got over the frustration. I'll send back a fresh copy of the calculator and take it from there. Thanks!

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Sorry if I was rude! I didn't mean to be. But its just the frustration to see how they process applications that's all.

If you submit a new application after the first one is returned, I think your applications starts at the beginning of 15 months processing time, not sure though.

More info here:
https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1492&top=4
true, its start from the begining!
just thought of asking the steps it has to go through.

I hope it is going to be some waiting if not long! Lets see :)

Last edited:
Reactions: adstarscream732

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
I downloaded a copy of my application- but unfortunately the view doesn't show the absences (the download doesn't show what the actual physical calculator attachment file was as part of the application).
Oh well, I've got over the frustration. I'll send back a fresh copy of the calculator and take it from there. Thanks!
The officer said they'd send me an email after the interview with a request that I provide a new physical presence calculation. I haven't received anything yet- but I was proactive and uploaded a new one via web form a few moments ago. Hopefully it shows I'm trying my best haha. I anticipate my application will be slowed right down now.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
@ScotchCad Absences shows as `Outside Canada` row. Did you see anything there?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Know someone with an in person oath scheduled in Scarborough next week. Hopefully they’ll issue the certificate on the spot.

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
And the journey of many years has finally come to an end. I thank this forum for all of your inputs and assistance. Hoping and praying that all those waiting will be pleasantly surprised soon
Citizenship ceremony was completed yesterday
Received certificate today - onto passport next.

wishing everyone the very best!

Reactions: adstarscream732

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
And the journey of many years has finally come to an end. I thank this forum for all of your inputs and assistance. Hoping and praying that all those waiting will be pleasantly surprised soon
Citizenship ceremony was completed yesterday
Received certificate today - onto passport next.

wishing everyone the very best!
@Temitee002 could you please share your timeline. Also did you applied for ecerticate or hard copy?

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
@Temitee002 could you please share your timeline. Also did you applied for ecerticate or hard copy?
Choose E-Certificate

Type- Online
Application- Single
Physical Presence- 1096
Location- Toronto
Primary office- Scarborough
Sec Office- CPC Sydney
Submission date- July 8, 2023
Application received- July 8, 2023
AOR- Aug 11
Background completed- Aug 17, tracker updated Aug 19
Traveled 5 times during eligibility period
Test window: Aug 25-Sept 14
Test taken- Aug 26 (passed 20/20)
Test marked completed on tracker on Aug 28 but updated on Aug 30th
LPP- Completed Dec 18, updated on tracker Dec 20
Ceremony- Feb 1, certificate- Feb 2

psmtts

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Update: in person interview scheduled for February 22.

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
Update: in person interview scheduled for February 22.
This is in no way whatsoever intended to make you nervous (you'll see!) But my understanding is that people are only getting called for an interview if IRCC have a "question" or "concern" with your application. I was called in for one this week and something weird happened with my physical presence calculation in my application. I was told "this is why you've been called in".

Now, the good news for sure is that for the majority of people, the "concern" is something the agent can more often than not clarify there and then in the interview- some get the oath that same day; others get LPP complete etc within a few days. All in, nothing to worry about and it's a positive move closer to the end of the process for you - however, be prepared to answer a few questions potentially about your application.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Choose E-Certificate

Type- Online
Application- Single
Physical Presence- 1096
Location- Toronto
Primary office- Scarborough
Sec Office- CPC Sydney
Submission date- July 8, 2023
Application received- July 8, 2023
AOR- Aug 11
Background completed- Aug 17, tracker updated Aug 19
Traveled 5 times during eligibility period
Test window: Aug 25-Sept 14
Test taken- Aug 26 (passed 20/20)
Test marked completed on tracker on Aug 28 but updated on Aug 30th
LPP- Completed Dec 18, updated on tracker Dec 20
Ceremony- Feb 1, certificate- Feb 2
Thank you for sharing your timeline. May I ask how long it took after LPP passed till your ceremony scheduled date showed up?