IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Family (2)
Application sent/delivered: December 13, 2023
AOR: January 3, 2024
Citizenship Test invitation: January 26, 2024 (tracker)
Citizenship Test invitation email: January 24, 2024
PO: Scarborough (SCR)
Citizenship Test Taken: January 26, 2024
Citizenship Test Completed: January 31, 2024 (shown as January 29, 2024 on tracker)
Background and LPP: In Progress

what is the next update that we should wait for ?
or is it only a waiting game ?
@Avas_india yes it's a waiting game now. I heard SCR office currently processing Aug/Sep applications.

Reactions: Avas_india

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Citizenship Test Completed: January 31, 2024 (shown as January 29, 2024 on tracker)

If test has been completed and background is in progress, you are likely to receive a fingerprint request based on my experience with Scarborough.
A FP request can be for criminality and/or security clearance. Former is a minor delay ( 2-3 weeks max depending on soon you reply to FP request ). Latter one ( less common unless your background has some status like refugee claim, country of concern etc. ) is a 6 month delay.

Test to LPP is about 3 months ( if your FP response is quick ). LPP to oath invite is 3-4 weeks after background complete and oath is about 1 month after invite. Note: These timelines are general guidance as per my understanding and every case varies - There is nothing official about this.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019

Are you kidding by asking the question of waiting game? You just applied chill out a bit. We have been waiting from 2022. Your application will progress based on the latest trend.

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
If test has been completed and background is in progress, you are likely to receive a fingerprint request based on my experience with Scarborough.
A FP request can be for criminality and/or security clearance. Former is a minor delay ( 2-3 weeks max depending on soon you reply to FP request ). Latter one ( less common unless your background has some status like refugee claim, country of concern etc. ) is a 6 month delay.

Test to LPP is about 3 months ( if your FP response is quick ). LPP to oath invite is 3-4 weeks after background complete and oath is about 1 month after invite. Note: These timelines are general guidance as per my understanding and every case varies - There is nothing official about this.
Incase If i receive an FP request, by using which service result in faster processing of the FP request ?
Using RCMP's ? or the private one ?

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Incase If i receive an FP request, by using which service result in faster processing of the FP request ?
Using RCMP's ? or the private one ?
How the process worked for me: I visit an private agency the day I received the letter. They do all the necessary steps in an RCMP system called CCRTIS. Rcmp does the fingerprint check and sends it to IRCC processing office(always Vancouver). On the 18th day( I believe ), I ask the email ID I received the request from for an update. 2 days later, my background check is cleared.

I believe the private agency also immediately shares all data with RCMP online. So it does not make a difference. Remember to follow all instructions in the received email.

Reactions: Avas_india

CdnMxHusb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to bother, just was wondering. My wife did her Citizenship test and passed. She received the link to download her e-certificate but has not done the oath. Do you know how long this might take? She did the test mid Dec 2023. I have been looking for info and cannot find a time frame.
Any info is gratefully appreciated.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Sorry to bother, just was wondering. My wife did her Citizenship test and passed. She received the link to download her e-certificate but has not done the oath. Do you know how long this might take? She did the test mid Dec 2023. I have been looking for info and cannot find a time frame.
Any info is gratefully appreciated.
Normally within 1-2 week.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi folks, woke up this morning to my LPP completed. No oath date though

SCR office

Submitted: Sep 12, AOR: Oct 23, BG: Dec 22, Citizenship test: Nov 27 - LPP completed: Jan 30, Oath not scheduled
Congrats! That's way above and beyond expectation from SCR office for completing your application so fast! Hopefully they wake up for our applications as well.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Actually my first applicaiton was returned after 6 months without any progress! SO practically Im waiting for almost 9 months :)
Sorry if I was rude! I didn't mean to be. But its just the frustration to see how they process applications that's all.

If you submit a new application after the first one is returned, I think your applications starts at the beginning of 15 months processing time, not sure though.

More info here:
https://www.ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1492&top=4

freakey

Jan 25, 2024
1. First and last name
2. Date of birth
3. Country of birth
4. When you entered Canada for the first time and became PR
5. Intro about yourself, family and job
6. Questions related to Travel history
7. Anything changed after citizenship application like address, phone#, marital status and criminal history
Hello,

was there any cross questioning?

and what exactly they questioned you about travel history? about long absences or too much travel?

ScotchCad

Oct 27, 2023
Had my in person interview today. Very frustrating. They said none of my absences were logged in my physical presence calculator in my application...I 100 did though...but nope, they couldn't see them. So I have to do it again and send it back.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Had my in person interview today. Very frustrating. They said none of my absences were logged in my physical presence calculator in my application...I 100 did though...but nope, they couldn't see them. So I have to do it again and send it back.
You did online or paper application?
If online can't you go and check what you had submitted?

dubbyv

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Didn't you download a copy of your application? I mean you can always download that from the submission portal even now. You could have shown them that.