Med's Done....
04-09-2014
Passport Req..
23-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-12-2014
Hi everyone, just wanted to share the experience with my wife's citizenship application:

We first applied in January last year, but never received an AOR. IRCC later claimed they "lost the application" and asked us to submit a form to withdraw the application so that they can issue a refund. I still have no idea how that could happen, since we submitted the application online and later we managed to find the application number on the tracking portal, so it definitely got submitted.

After that we had to temporarily move to the US due to my work, and resubmitted a second application in May.
What I noticed is that IRCC really doesn't seem to like applicants who live abroad, even though nothing in the requirements disallows it, and IRCC's own website claims it's ok. First they asked us for a Canadian mailing address. Then they asked my wife to attend an in-person interview at Scarborough office, where they really grilled her with all kinds of questions: "Why are you in the US?", "When will you come back?", "Where were you when you took the test?". They even told her that she should've been in Canada when she submitted the application.
This made us really worried, especially because we knew about another case where a different IRCC office was strict with someone living outside Canada. To our surprise, the other case resolved successfully, and in the beginning of January the tracker for my wife's case also updated to "Take the oath", which is now scheduled for February 14.

We still haven't received the email with oath details, but GCMS notes I ordered already indicate that the oath will be a virtual ceremony with Scarborough office.

I hope this information is helpful, since I feel our experience is unique enough, and I haven't seen enough similar reports.

Reactions: msayyad and shz86

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
Hi everyone, just wanted to share the experience with my wife's citizenship application:

We first applied in January last year, but never received an AOR. IRCC later claimed they "lost the application" and asked us to submit a form to withdraw the application so that they can issue a refund. I still have no idea how that could happen, since we submitted the application online and later we managed to find the application number on the tracking portal, so it definitely got submitted.

After that we had to temporarily move to the US due to my work, and resubmitted a second application in May.
What I noticed is that IRCC really doesn't seem to like applicants who live abroad, even though nothing in the requirements disallows it, and IRCC's own website claims it's ok. First they asked us for a Canadian mailing address. Then they asked my wife to attend an in-person interview at Scarborough office, where they really grilled her with all kinds of questions: "Why are you in the US?", "When will you come back?", "Where were you when you took the test?". They even told her that she should've been in Canada when she submitted the application.
This made us really worried, especially because we knew about another case where a different IRCC office was strict with someone living outside Canada. To our surprise, the other case resolved successfully, and in the beginning of January the tracker for my wife's case also updated to "Take the oath", which is now scheduled for February 14.

We still haven't received the email with oath details, but GCMS notes I ordered already indicate that the oath will be a virtual ceremony with Scarborough office.

I hope this information is helpful, since I feel our experience is unique enough, and I haven't seen enough similar reports.
Thanks for sharing your experience and congrats for getting scheduled for oath soon. May I ask you when did you attend the interview and how long did it take to be invited to take the oath?

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
hi, i have got an update like below

Attend the interview
Waiting on you
We’ve scheduled you for an interview with our official on February 15, 2024.
Follow the instructions that will be sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the interview
  • what documents you have to present
can someone please let me know what would they ask and what docs required.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

citizen_to_be

May 27, 2023
Hi,

My husband and I applied in Feb 2023, AOR - March 15, BG complete Apr 8 and was marked complete on June 12, 2023.

Since then, absolutely no change. Called a few times and was told to wait. Ordered ATIP on Jan 9 and received notes on Jan 25. Nothing started except BG and Test completion. We got a ghost update on Jan 25 (not sure if this is coincident with the ATIP notes being emailed one day before) but nothing since then.

Anyone in the same boat?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi,

My husband and I applied in Feb 2023, AOR - March 15, BG complete Apr 8 and was marked complete on June 12, 2023.

Since then, absolutely no change. Called a few times and was told to wait. Ordered ATIP on Jan 9 and received notes on Jan 25. Nothing started except BG and Test completion. We got a ghost update on Jan 25 (not sure if this is coincident with the ATIP notes being emailed one day before) but nothing since then.

Anyone in the same boat?
Yes, same boat since March 6th 2023 - Test Completed, no updates after and LPP in progress.

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
I finished my interview at SCR office this morning. They asked for passports (both current and expired), PR card and photo ID, email that you received for the interview and COPR / Landing document. Not much questions asked. Just about your life in Canada, family and job. Done in 10-15 mins and told that application will be approved.

hi, i have got an update like below

Attend the interview
Waiting on you
We’ve scheduled you for an interview with our official on February 15, 2024.
Follow the instructions that will be sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the interview
  • what documents you have to present
can someone please let me know what would they ask and what docs required.

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
I finished my interview at SCR office this morning. They asked for passports (both current and expired), PR card and photo ID, email that you received for the interview and COPR / Landing document. Not much questions asked. Just about your life in Canada, family and job. Done in 10-15 mins and told that application will be approved.
Hi All,

Me and my wife received an email invitation to an interview with citizenship officer and verification of identity/documents.

It would be great help if someone please let us know about what happens during the interview and what questions they ask usually.

Jan 29, 2024
Hi,

Congrats and thanks for posting on your interview experience. Did you and your wife both had the interview at the same time or it was at 2 separate times?
And, did you had to go through the test in-person at the SCR office?

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
I’m a single applicant and I didn’t see anyone going in with their family until I was there. And mine was an online test. Officer mentioned that I was called in for in person interview to verify my travel history as I traveled for business a lot.
Hi,

Congrats and thanks for posting on your interview experience. Did you and your wife both had the interview at the same time or it was at 2 separate times?
And, did you had to go through the test in-person at the SCR office?