+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

RC.123

Nov 3, 2023
reach out to MP's office. Additionally, call IRCC helpline and ask them to add a note to your file. this definitely helped my long overdue application move along.
Hi, I called the helpline today, and the agent asked me to keep on waiting, he didn't see any issues though, and he could only add a note saying that I called, nothing else. Also, I sent an email to the PM's office and received an automatic response. In addition, I sent an email to ATIP client service, and the service representative replied 'You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) regarding the processing of your request. For additional information on how to submit a complaint, visit the OPC website at www.priv.gc.ca. '.

Has anyone had any experience in submitting such a complaint regarding long processing time? Will this be of help? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reactions: zagcollins

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Hi, I called the helpline today, and the agent asked me to keep on waiting, he didn't see any issues though, and he could only add a note saying that I called, nothing else. Also, I sent an email to the PM's office and received an automatic response. In addition, I sent an email to ATIP client service, and the service representative replied 'You are entitled to submit a complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) regarding the processing of your request. For additional information on how to submit a complaint, visit the OPC website at www.priv.gc.ca. '.

Has anyone had any experience in submitting such a complaint regarding long processing time? Will this be of help? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Are you past the processing timeline of 15 months from the date you submitted the application? If yes you can get the Writ of Mandamus actioned.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Yes, it has been 17 months since the file was submitted.
Got it, i think one of the requirements for Writ of Mandamus is you also tried submitting a claim on your end to find out about delay on IRCC. so submitting a Complaint is the right way to go about it as well as submitting Web Form on IRCC for an update that way you've covered all your basis. Also engage your local MP to inquire on your behalf because they are over the processing timeline now.

then talk to some good lawyer firms and get free consultations with them to talk about your situation and what steps you've taken to date. See what they say and what they can offer in the Mandamus process and how quickly that resolution will come about.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
That’s the email I got on the oath form I received, but i am not sure either. I gonna confirm with them on day of my oath.
This is the right address to respond to with the oath form if your ceremony is being conducted by Scarborough office. Take care to ensure the subject line of your email is as per instructions in the oath invite. Also mention the name of the clerk at the beginning of the subject line.

Reactions: navkrish