App. Filed.......
24-02-2021
AOR Received.
24-02-2021
Passport Req..
03-08-2021
LANDED..........
03-08-2021
So, seems my application is casually tossed into the Scarbrough pile of paperwork, enduring what feels like a thrilling rollercoaster of suffering and anxiety while their speed-of-light snail agents leisurely saunter towards my file. Isn't bureaucracy just the most delightful game?

Let's throw some dates into the mix for those who enjoy timelines as much as Scarbrough enjoys taking its sweet time:
  • Oct 15 - Filed my application
  • Nov 9 - Got an 'Acknowledgment of Receipt' (AOR), a subtle nod to my existence
  • Nov 14 - Background check completed
  • Nov 15 - Invitation to the Citizenship Test (Nov 24 - Dec 24)
  • Nov 24 - Passed the Test (20/20 - Yay for knowing Canada's history better than mine!)
  • LPP: Stuck in the thrilling adventure known as "In Progress"
  • Ceremony: Well, seems to be light years away, and I wouldn't hold my breath for its arrival any time soon.
Stay tuned for the next thrilling episode of "Will Scarbrough Ever Get Around to My Ceremony?" Who needs rollercoasters when you have bureaucratic timelines to keep you on the edge of your seat?
Good to know we’re in the same boat. Did you happen to get any GU’s between your test complete to now?
I did my test on Dec 8th, and it was marked completed as Dec 8th. I got a GU on Dec 12th. Wondering whether you are in the same boat?

vamsee2918

May 15, 2021
Any May 2023 applicants LPP updated or received oath ceremony? Citizenship test updated as complete on Aug 1 and no update ever since. I know it takes time but I see some July applicants already receiving oath date, so a bit anxious.

Reactions: shz86

cryptopr

Nov 27, 2020
Any May 2023 applicants LPP updated or received oath ceremony? Citizenship test updated as complete on Aug 1 and no update ever since. I know it takes time but I see some July applicants already receiving oath date, so a bit anxious.
I am in the same boat as well. I am a May applicant and there has been no updates after the Test.
Waiting for LPP.

Ayonike2020

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Hello everyone. I got an update on my citizenship application to appear for an interview on Jan 30, 2024 but no email received yet. Does anyone know when I will receive email with instructions about the interview and what questions they are likely to ask me. Processing office: Scarborough, May applicant. Thanks.

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Hi Can someone has any idea , in notes, Location : "E-Grant Outside Canada" ,impacts delay in processing ?
Test completed Sep 28th (outside canada) and lpp is in progress.

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Hello everyone. I got an update on my citizenship application to appear for an interview on Jan 30, 2024 but no email received yet. Does anyone know when I will receive email with instructions about the interview and what questions they are likely to ask me. Processing office: Scarborough, May applicant. Thanks.
Probably a week before the oath you will get email. If you dont get one about 2 days before, contact the office.

Reactions: Ayonike2020

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Did anyone from SCR office recently completed oath?

If yes, then what did you keep the subject of email when you sent signed form?
and how long did it take for you to download ecertificate?

TIA.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Thank you ! I was not hoping for in-person at all, as I know its a random selection they make. That’s exactly why I asked for e-certificate when there was a choice while initially filing the application. I thought it would be better rather than waiting for a certificate in mail for 2- 4 weeks after virtual oath.

Now I don’t know what to expect. Since I have a non-refundable travel booked for October, I’m a bit worried. Now people on this forum posting about waiting for e-certificate for a while, like 2 weeks. So confusing… Anyway, got to accept the situation and let it flow for now
Any idea how long it takes to get the oath certificate after the online oath?
For those SCR Office applicants living in Toronto or York Region, how long it took for you to get the certificate after oath?

Me oath finished on May 9th, but still yet received.

They said my certificate was mailed on May 10th.
Usually with in how many days, we would get e-certificate after oath ceremony friends?
Honestly it mostly depends on who your clerk is at the ceremony. Make sure to tell your clerk at the pre-registration step that you need your e-certificate urgently and send the signed oath form as soon as the ceremony is ended. Your clerk has to close your file for the e-certificate to be automatically issued by the system so it really depends on how fast they process the files after the oath. My clerk was very nice and closed my file on the next morning so I got my e-certificate in less than 24h. Hopefully the same will happen in your case. Good luck!

Edit: Thursday oath to Sunday travel is REALLY close. You basically have only one business day to get the e-certificate and to apply for passport/having it ready for pick up on Saturday (urgent processing not express) before your flight, assuming everything goes as planned. It’s very risky so you might want reschedule your flight or your oath date..
My oath is scheduled for Dec 14 (Thursday) and I am still waiting for official invitation.
My question is regarding the timeline of e-certificate after the oath (Scarborough office). Is there a way to get it the same day? Or tomorrow morning?
I have a flight to return to US on Sunday afternoon and I am hoping to apply for express passport on Friday.
Is there a way to ask for urgent processing of e-certificate?
Thanks
If its e-certificate you get it later in the IRCC portal unlike paper which you get after the ceremony.
Hello Everyone
After 15 months my application is finally complete
AOR July 11th 2022
Citizenship Test complete : March 2nd 2023
Language and Physical presence complete : May 5th 2023
Background Verification complete : July 19th 2023
Prohibitions complete: October 7th
In person Oath Ceremony : October 20th 2023
Got my citizenship certificate at the oath ceremony itself

Will be applying for the passport in the next week
Hi Guys.

1. Finally, how long did it take for you to download ecertificate?
and
2. Did you get email telling its ready or just downloaded directly on portal randomly?
and
3. What did you keep the subject of email when you sent signed form?
and
4. Was your application marked completed/closed on tracker immediately after oath? or only after you got ecertificate?

Please suggest. TIA.

maoyutou

Dec 6, 2020
Hi Guys.

1. Finally, how long did it take for you to download ecertificate? 1 Day
and
2. Did you get email telling its ready or just downloaded directly on portal randomly? Yes
and
3. What did you keep the subject of email when you sent signed form? Your application number, last name, IRCC staff name who checked your identity
and
4. Was your application marked completed/closed on tracker immediately after oath? or only after you got ecertificate? No. After you got certificate.

Please suggest. TIA.

Reactions: navkrish and desmat

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Whoop whoop! God is great, woke up this morning to my good news! LPP has been marked completed on December 18th, but updated today on the tracker ( Dec 20). Oath ceremony is not started- I will update once the Oath date is provided

Primary Office- Scarborough
Secondary- RC 8090 (CPC Sydney )

Anyone know when the Oath date is usually provided on the tracker?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Whoop whoop! God is great, woke up this morning to my good news! LPP has been marked completed on December 18th, but updated today on the tracker ( Dec 20). Oath ceremony is not started- I will update once the Oath date is provided

Primary Office- Scarborough
Secondary- RC 8090 (CPC Sydney )

Anyone know when the Oath date is usually provided on the tracker?
Congrats.. oath date is usually assigned in 2-4 days after lpp update appears..

Reactions: Temitee002