+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
It has been 9 weeks so far, since test completed was shown on my tracker account. Till now, no updates (Oct 27 was the last update I had which was a system update). Ordered GCMS notes. When can I expect to see LPP complete and Oath, anyone else in similar boat?

Reactions: IT_VE_CA

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
It has been 9 weeks so far, since test completed was shown on my tracker account. Till now, no updates (Oct 27 was the last update I had which was a system update). Ordered GCMS notes. When can I expect to see LPP complete and Oath, anyone else in similar boat?
13 weeks for me since test marked completed on my tracker. From updates in other threads, I believe folks with AOR around mid-June and test completed mid to end July are receiving LPP complete now for SCR location.

I am expecting next progress on my tracker before 15th Dec. Hopefully it is LPP complete. Please update this forum once you receive your LPP completion. I shall also do the same.

Lmaciel

May 22, 2020
For me…6 months waiting …still nothing :( had a friend who wrote the test 3 weeks ago and already had her ceremony. It’s so frustrating …

Reactions: IT_VE_CA

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
Hello, Last week I had an interview at Scarborough asking to send a new Police certificate (sent 5 days later) and they confirmed that received it. no change on the tracker. What would be the next step? how long will it take afterward to take the oath? Is anybody in a similar situation?

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I just got off the phone from IRCC and they said my application "might be non routine but I can't confirm this because it's not our mandate to discuss it". He told me to fill out the IRCC Webform to inquire about whether or not its routine or non-routine. My application was moved from Scarborough to the Mississauga office and I can't access my GCMS notes. Has this happed to any other Scarborough location applicants?

Does anyone know how I can find out if my application is routine or non-routine? Did anyone else go through it and what did you do? It's been 4 months since I completed my citizenship test. I am SO frustrated with IRCC and how impossible it is to talk to the officers who manage our files.

• Sad
Reactions: Lmaciel

Maagie

May 13, 2018
I had my interview today, (AOR April) but what surprised me is that the agent said that it can take from few weeks to few months to get any updates. They also said something along the lines of "I don't have any other questions for you at this point, we haven't made our decision yet and once we do we will contact you via email"

From what I've seen most people are told that they will get Oath request soon and that wasn't mentioned at my interview ta all :'(.

For those who had an interview - did they say anything like my agent did?
Does this sound something I should be worried about? Can an application be denied even? I have never even thought about that being an option...

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I had my interview today, (AOR April) but what surprised me is that the agent said that it can take from few weeks to few months to get any updates. They also said something along the lines of "I don't have any other questions for you at this point, we haven't made our decision yet and once we do we will contact you via email"

From what I've seen most people are told that they will get Oath request soon and that wasn't mentioned at my interview ta all :'(.

For those who had an interview - did they say anything like my agent did?
Does this sound something I should be worried about? Can an application be denied even? I have never even thought about that being an option...
Is there a way for you to contact your agent again? Was your interview in the Scarborough office or online?

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
I just got off the phone from IRCC and they said my application "might be non routine but I can't confirm this because it's not our mandate to discuss it". He told me to fill out the IRCC Webform to inquire about whether or not its routine or non-routine. My application was moved from Scarborough to the Mississauga office and I can't access my GCMS notes. Has this happed to any other Scarborough location applicants?

Does anyone know how I can find out if my application is routine or non-routine? Did anyone else go through it and what did you do? It's been 4 months since I completed my citizenship test. I am SO frustrated with IRCC and how impossible it is to talk to the officers who manage our files.
#1: The phone agent asked you to fill a form to find out if your application is routine or non-routine. My Inference: The phone agent has no clue if your application is routine/non-routine. No point in assuming the worst case unless you know of something related to your application which may cause your application to become non-routine.
#2: Your test was passed 4 months ago. My inference: You are at about the time when people from Scarborough receive their LPP completion. But your file was moved to Missisauga. So this maybe the additional delay of a few days.
#3: Can't access GCMS notes: This is strange. Why do you say this? You cannot be denied GCMS notes if you are atleast a PR holder of Canada which you would be if you are applying for citizenship. You may want to apply again to check latest status though I doubt they would tell you more than what the agent already told you.
#4: File moved from Scarborough to Missisauga: Missisauga is not a location where files go for additional verification i.e. it is not a location where non-routine files go like RC-8090 files. This movement to Missisauga may likely have been because of workload distribution or to add you to an oath ceremony sooner.

Thought I post the above since you have posted your update on multiple threads and look worried. My suggestion would be to keep it cool. Lack of information doesn't imply something bad has happened to to your application. Ordering GCMS notes and raising webform may help ease some of your worries.

Just my suggestion based on reading this forum for a while. Nothing is legal advice in the above.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
#1: The phone agent asked you to fill a form to find out if your application is routine or non-routine. My Inference: The phone agent has no clue if your application is routine/non-routine. No point in assuming the worst case unless you know of something related to your application which may cause your application to become non-routine.
#2: Your test was passed 4 months ago. My inference: You are at about the time when people from Scarborough receive their LPP completion. But your file was moved to Missisauga. So this maybe the additional delay of a few days.
#3: Can't access GCMS notes: This is strange. Why do you say this? You cannot be denied GCMS notes if you are atleast a PR holder of Canada which you would be if you are applying for citizenship. You may want to apply again to check latest status though I doubt they would tell you more than what the agent already told you.
#4: File moved from Scarborough to Missisauga: Missisauga is not a location where files go for additional verification i.e. it is not a location where non-routine files go like RC-8090 files. This movement to Missisauga may likely have been because of workload distribution or to add you to an oath ceremony sooner.

Thought I post the above since you have posted your update on multiple threads and look worried. My suggestion would be to keep it cool. Lack of information doesn't imply something bad has happened to to your application. Ordering GCMS notes and raising webform may help ease some of your worries.

Just my suggestion based on reading this forum for a while. Nothing is legal advice in the above.
I appreciate it!

For my GCMS notes, I've ordered it without any issues. Second time around they asked for additional ID verification which was odd.

In my previous GCMS notes from Oct 3rd my LPP was assigned to RC-8090 since my AOR was received from May 31st and no update to those 4 categories since that date. I triple checked with the agent if my file wad indeed in Missisauga or in Sydney office and he confirmed it was Sauga location.

I tried asking the agent more details and you're correct they would not have any clue and they may also have limited access which makes me wonder what other functions they serve to help the public in the citizenship call center team.

I'll stay optimistic. My father's application hasn't seen any movement either even though fingerprints were received in July as well but all his categories are pending.

I don't know if you follow the big excel file tracker but people in similar timelines as me in group applications already got their oath. Wish I knew their algorithm haha gotta stay patient at this point...

Kumr

Sep 10, 2020
I have received GCMS notes and see that the location is marked as "E-Grant Test Ready" even though my test is updated to completed on (10/10) both in Tracker / GCMS notes. Notes is generated on 10/31.
My assumption is that the location should be "E-Grant Review Ready" once the test is marked complete.
Does it take time to move to "E-Grant Review Ready" Status?