App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
That 27th update was most likely due to a system update. I got my oath date for Nov 16th on Oct 25th and when I opened the portal again on the 27th, it showed new updates but there was none. I don’t think it was a ghost update considering I have an oath date now.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
That 27th update was most likely due to a system update. I got my oath date for Nov 16th on Oct 25th and when I opened the portal again on the 27th, it showed new updates but there was none. I don’t think it was a ghost update considering I have an oath date now.
While you may be right, ghost updates never have an actual update. The actual status update happens a few days later.

May I ask what was the number of updates in your ghost update on 27th? Was it like "1 new update" or "4 new updates" etc. ?

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
While you may be right, ghost updates never have an actual update. The actual status update happens a few days later.

May I ask what was the number of updates in your ghost update on 27th? Was it like "1 new update" or "4 new updates" etc. ?
what's difference between 1 or 4 new updates? I got 4 new update on 27th oct.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
what's difference between 1 or 4 new updates? I got 4 new update on 27th oct.
Just asking. Wouldn't the number of updates be proportional to the number of items that change on your status. For ex: fingerprints received and background completed = 2 new updates.
Test complete = 1 update etc.

Just my guess.

Reactions: navkrish

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Just asking. Wouldn't the number of updates be proportional to the number of items that change on your status. For ex: fingerprints received and background completed = 2 new updates.
Test complete = 1 update etc.

Just my guess.
Not sure, some times there is just one new update, but there are multiple items on application history. Its not equivalent to items on application history i think.

Reactions: gr8man

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Type: Online application (single person)
Processing office: Scarborough
Applied on May 12, 2023
AOR: June 5, 2023
Background Check completed: June 26, 2023
Citizenship test window: July 7-July 27, 2023
Test completed: July 13, 2023 (updated in tracker on July 15)
Ghost update on October 27, 2023
LPP completed: October 26, 2023 (updated in tracker on Oct 28)

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Type: Online application (single person)
Processing office: Scarborough
Applied on May 12, 2023
AOR: June 5, 2023
Background Check completed: June 26, 2023
Citizenship test window: July 7-July 27, 2023
Test completed: July 13, 2023 (updated in tracker on July 15)
Ghost update on October 27, 2023
LPP completed: October 26, 2023 (updated in tracker on Oct 28)

I also got a ghost update on October 27, but I didn't check how many updates where there the first time I opened. Any way to check it now?

Also, no actual updates for me :( - I am getting worried now, any chance the application could get rejected at this stage? (for background is completed and test is completed, LPP is still in progress)

zi2010

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
I also got a ghost update on October 27, but I didn't check how many updates where there the first time I opened. Any way to check it now?

Also, no actual updates for me :( - I am getting worried now, any chance the application could get rejected at this stage? (for background is completed and test is completed, LPP is still in progress)
I had my Test Completed in May and only recently got my LPP complete. A lot of other people are also waiting for their LPP. Seems like SCR has a 4-6 month timeline for LPP complete after test. You can order GCMS notes to make sure that there are no red flags.

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
I had my Test Completed in May and only recently got my LPP complete. A lot of other people are also waiting for their LPP. Seems like SCR has a 4-6 month timeline for LPP complete after test. You can order GCMS notes to make sure that there are no red flags.

Let me do that.

do you know if there is any timeframe between ghost update to seeing what the update is actually for? I got the update on 27, but no change since then

alisaket

May 9, 2017
I see in my tracker that I am scheduled for an interview on Nov 14th and I should get an invitation with details in it. Since it is 2 days now and no email has came, I want to reach out to them and ask them for the email. Does anyone know what email address I should use to ask about the interview? I am outside Canada and cannot call. My office is IRCC Scarborough.
Thanks

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I see in my tracker that I am scheduled for an interview on Nov 14th and I should get an invitation with details in it. Since it is 2 days now and no email has came, I want to reach out to them and ask them for the email. Does anyone know what email address I should use to ask about the interview? I am outside Canada and cannot call. My office is IRCC Scarborough.
Thanks
Try CIT-SCARBOROUGH@cic.gc.ca

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
Thanks
Why did they have to give you an interview?

zi2010

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Let me do that.

do you know if there is any timeframe between ghost update to seeing what the update is actually for? I got the update on 27, but no change since then
Usually it's anywhere from 1-3 days, but not all ghost updates result in an actual update. Some are system updates as well.