+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
AOR October 2022; BG January 2023 Test completed March 7th 2023. SCR office; No update ever since.
Did you request for GCMS notes. Might be your application is at Sydney office. Your notes would tell you more about that. Try requesting if you have not. It’s very unfortunate to not see any update.

Last edited:

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
I think most of applicants are getting virtual. But incase you want can request to get in person as well . You could try sending an email to your local office and they might accommodate it.

There were few in group that had requested and got in person oath ceremony.

Can we choose between virtual and in person or does it solely depend on the type of application(online or paper)?

Reactions: racineba

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
I did not until now. I don't think its going to help my application move ahead. The IRCC agent has told me on call that the file is with Sydney office so I guess they are going to take their own sweet time to mark LPP as complete!
Did you request for GCMS notes. Might be your application is at Sydney office. Your notes would tell you more about that. Try requesting if you have not. It’s very unfortunate to not see any update.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Does anybody here know on good authority if there's a passport office in or near Toronto that's issuing the new design passport consistently? Does anyone know if the Scarborough passport office is?

What we learned: the Orleans office in Ottawa issued a few new design ones but hasn't been consistent since. 74 Vic St in Toronto is not yet issuing the new design, and nor is the North York location. We have a separate forum trying to work out how to get our hands on the new passport:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/e-passport-next-generation-new-canadian-passport-design-2023.799833/page-5

CanMon

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
I did not until now. I don't think its going to help my application move ahead. The IRCC agent has told me on call that the file is with Sydney office so I guess they are going to take their own sweet time to mark LPP as complete!
Notes never speed up the process but it does give you insight why your process is slow like where it is stuck.
But like you already know Sydney office is notoriously slow. All you can do is wait. Good luck!

racineba

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Citizenship ceremony in Progress: Aug 24, 2023
Citizenship ceremony scheduled: Sep 21, 2023
Cheers everyone..hoping everyone waiting gets good news soon.
Thank you everyone for making this experience bearable.
Lpp complete : August 22, 2023
Full timeline in my signature
Cheers

Reactions: Sandra84

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Does anybody here know on good authority if there's a passport office in or near Toronto that's issuing the new design passport consistently? Does anyone know if the Scarborough passport office is?

What we learned: the Orleans office in Ottawa issued a few new design ones but hasn't been consistent since. 74 Vic St in Toronto is not yet issuing the new design, and nor is the North York location. We have a separate forum trying to work out how to get our hands on the new passport:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/e-passport-next-generation-new-canadian-passport-design-2023.799833/page-5
The printing of the new Canadian passports is set for the summer and will be rolled out over the next year, federal ministers said.

I just googled Canadian new passport date , set for this summer and it will available next year 2024.