+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
I still have LPP as in progress. Is there another email address I should send the email to?
You can send it to the one from which you got test invite. But it's not gonna help as they will respond back with generic email that it's still in processing time n all. But yeah if you still wanna give it a try, you can email them.

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
Sure Thanks. Side question - Applying for GCMS notes for my husbands citizenship application - We applied together in September 2022; both our background checks were completed at the same time in January 2023. I received my test invite in Feb; however there has been no update on his application since the background completion in January (no test/ LPP). When we called IRCC, they give the standard response of hos application still being within processing timelines; plus that the application in still in Sydney. Any idea what could be the reason on the delay in his application?
Also, while applying for GCMS notes, what should I select - Privacy Act or Access to Information Act?
What type of information are you requesting?

Privacy Act

• Personal information is usually requested under the Privacy Act.
  • There are no fees charged for requests made under the Privacy Act.
  • The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.
Access to Information Act

• All government records (which include corporate documents and personal information) may be requested under the Access to Information Act.
  • The application fee for request made under that Access to Information Act is $5.00.
  • The purpose of the Access to Information Act is to provide a right of access to records under the control of a government institution to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or any individual or corporation present in Canada.

Thanks in advance!

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Sure Thanks. Side question - Applying for GCMS notes for my husbands citizenship application - We applied together in September 2022; both our background checks were completed at the same time in January 2023. I received my test invite in Feb; however there has been no update on his application since the background completion in January (no test/ LPP). When we called IRCC, they give the standard response of hos application still being within processing timelines; plus that the application in still in Sydney. Any idea what could be the reason on the delay in his application?
Also, while applying for GCMS notes, what should I select - Privacy Act or Access to Information Act?

Privacy Act

• The purpose of the Privacy Act is to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves where it is held by a government institution and to provide individuals with the right to access such information.

• All government records (which include corporate documents and personal information) may be requested under the Access to Information Act.
  • The application fee for request made under that Access to Information Act is $5.00.
  • The purpose of the Access to Information Act is to provide a right of access to records under the control of a government institution to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or any individual or corporation present in Canada.

Thanks in advance!
You gonna choose AITP, second option. I think your husband's file has been missed by the officer. I would suggest when you email the test invite email address do mention them that your husband never got the test invite and you have already completed it.
also GCMS notes will tell you if your husband's file is assigned to the same officer or not. In my case it was which is why we both got everything done at same time.
Even if they don't tell you the reason, I am sure they will let the officer notify that your husband never got the invite.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Select "Privacy Act" -

Privacy Act

Thanks in advance!

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
heyyy. Thank you for the suggestion. I got a response back from them saying I am scheduled for oath on July 13th @1:30pm. But I have a question now. My portal still says ceremony not started. Is that something going to happen when they push the update?
This is great! Congratulations @Sandy.gal !!!!!! The invitation email is most important bit

Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
This is great! Congratulations @Sandy.gal !!!!!! The invitation email is most important bit
Thank you!! The officer just told me on the email response and said the invite will come a week prior to your oath. So I m at this point just relying on what he said lol. My tracker is not even updated with anything.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018

Privacy Act

Thanks in advance!
If you are the applying for GCMS on behalf of your husband, you can only request under access to information act. If you husband is applying for GCMS, he can request under privacy Act.

Reactions: derkdsou

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Thank you!! The officer just told me on the email response and said the invite will come a week prior to your oath. So I m at this point just relying on what he said lol. My tracker is not even updated with anything.
The best thing is that the agent didn't give you a "set-generic response" lol... So there's every reason for you to feel happy and optimistic about all the good things to come!! SCR is the new MIS now :)))

Reactions: Sandy.gal

patrip91

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
So the provincial ID was requested as I am invited for an in person oath. Got a phone-call from the agent to confirm if I am available to attend an in person ceremony on July 1st, Canada Day. That was followed up by the oath email. Wohooo. So happy and relieved. Btw, no updates to tracker after background and test completion. Everything else is in progress still with last update date on March 29th.

Admins kindly update my timeline, oath letter date June 19th, Oath Scheduled July 1st

Reactions: becca545