Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Can I request transferring my file to another office? 45 months so far in Scarborough.

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Hi folks, I just noticed my Oath Scheduled date as per tracker is 28th Jan which is Saturday. Is anyone familiar with having Oath done on weekends or it can be a mistake ? My test email was from Scarborough, haven’t received Ceremony email yet.

maverick_bigapple

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Hi All,

Per the application status tracker, I'm scheduled for my Oath on February 6th, but don't have an official email invitation as yet. Are there any other applicants here that are scheduled around the same timeframe, but don't have an official email invitation as yet?

Many thanks,
NK

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hi All,

Per the application status tracker, I'm scheduled for my Oath on February 6th, but don't have an official email invitation as yet. Are there any other applicants here that are scheduled around the same timeframe, but don't have an official email invitation as yet?

Many thanks,
NK
Hello @maverick_bigapple, according to several forum members, they have generally received their oath ceremony invite about a week before their actual ceremony date. My oath ceremony is scheduled on January 30th and I haven’t received email yet either.
Also, canada.ca website indicates:
“Wait for your ceremony invitation
You’ll get the invitation about 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony. The invitation will have the ceremony’s

Most applicants are invited to a video oath ceremony.”

maverick_bigapple

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Hello @maverick_bigapple, according to several forum members, they have generally received their oath ceremony invite about a week before their actual ceremony date. My oath ceremony is scheduled on January 30th and I haven’t received email yet either.
Also, canada.ca website indicates:
“Wait for your ceremony invitation
You’ll get the invitation about 1 to 2 weeks before the ceremony. The invitation will have the ceremony’s

Most applicants are invited to a video oath ceremony.”
Many thanks for the note @Evergreen_3034. Considering that I'm currently out of Canada and looking to plan a visit for the oath ceremony, I was wondering is there a likelihood that there is no email invitation? I believe the email will detail what I'd need for the oath ceremony, but is there a reference list of documents/miscellaneous items that someone can share so that I can plan ahead.

Many thanks,
NK

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Many thanks for the note @Evergreen_3034. Considering that I'm currently out of Canada and looking to plan a visit for the oath ceremony, I was wondering is there a likelihood that there is no email invitation? I believe the email will detail what I'd need for the oath ceremony, but is there a reference list of documents/miscellaneous items that someone can share so that I can plan ahead.

Many thanks,
NK
Hi NK, please see website below. It’s the official Canada.ca website that delineates what to bring to ceremony. Please scroll down the page and there is a section about it. In addition, If it’s a virtual ceremony, have scissors available because you’ll be cutting your PR card in front of your computer screen at some point. I’ve actually watched a you tube video plus the video on website about the actual ceremony, too. If I don’t happen to get an email invite a week prior to ceremony date, I’m reaching out to IRCC by phone and will ask about it. Take care. :)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

Reactions: maverick_bigapple

smal_can

Apr 1, 2018
Hi folks, I just noticed my Oath Scheduled date as per tracker is 28th Jan which is Saturday. Is anyone familiar with having Oath done on weekends or it can be a mistake ? My test email was from Scarborough, haven’t received Ceremony email yet.
Hi, My oath also shows as Jan 28th in Tracker and haven't received the oath email yet. My test invite also was from Scarborough. Please let me know when you receive oath invite email. Thanks

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Hi, My oath also shows as Jan 28th in Tracker and haven't received the oath email yet. My test invite also was from Scarborough. Please let me know when you receive oath invite email. Thanks

Oh for sure. Good to hear that it’s not just us (mine is a family application).:) I will post here once I get the email, requesting you to also please do the same if possible. :) Good luck.

Reactions: smal_can

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Can I request transferring my file to another office? 45 months so far in Scarborough.
45 months??? That's outrageous!!!! Have you tried reaching out to IRCC and your local MP? Your case is certainly out of their so-called "under normal processing time" and should get some attention of theirs.

Last edited:

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
I received the email today. It’s a zoom video ceremony. Hope you’ve got it too.

Reactions: smal_can

zaid84

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
30 days.
They gave 90 days for fingerprings taken only during the Covid years. (2020 and 2021)
My tracker update says an email or letter were sent to me but i still didnot received anything and its been 5 days already so i am sdtarting to get worried since i am outside Canada and i afraid i wont have time.

Can you help and tell me: is the date of the letter (fingerprints instruction letter) the same date you received the email ? or the date the tracker were updated (assuming there is a difference)?