+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
I had a question please for the ones who finished the oath ceremony. Once the ceremony is over we need to send the oath affirmation form through email. I sent it to the email from which the oath invite came. Should I be getting an acknowledgement from IRCC?
Thank you!
Yes you need to send the signed copy of oath affirmation form after taking the oath to the same email id from which you received the oath invite. Make sure to include the processing officer's name in the subject line which they have provided during the oath.

No you will not receive any acknowledgement from IRCC but will get automatic email response to your email. Good luck

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Let me know what will be there response
Hi, I emailed them to the ceremony invite mail address, they actually looked at my application this time and replied saying:

"Our records show that your application is still being processed. As per the information on IRCC website, standard processing time for citizenship application is 25 months"

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

vivdiv

Sep 25, 2017
Hi Guys,
Submitted online application in Nov 2021 and completed my citizenship test in Aug 2022.
Have been waiting for next steps since then. Processing office is Scarborough.
Been trying to reach the call center but get the usual standard reply from them.
Anyone else in the same boat as me. Appreciate any clues on the expected timelines.

vivdiv

Sep 25, 2017
Hi, I emailed them to the ceremony invite mail address, they actually looked at my application this time and replied saying:

"Our records show that your application is still being processed. As per the information on IRCC website, standard processing time for citizenship application is 25 months"
I got the same reply as well.

Mohan4321

May 30, 2022
Contacted SCR office and got below response -
"Good day,
Our records show that your application is still being processed. As per the information on IRCC website, standard processing time for citizenship applications is 25 months."

Interestingly the response came around 11pm

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018

Appreciate your reply
Yep it's the same generic response for everyone let's see what will happen next year because its only us the ones who applied in November and did test in August still waiting since then everyone before and after us is moving let's see what will happen

Reactions: pripri14

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi Guys,

Submitted online application in Nov 2021 and completed my citizenship test in Aug 2022.

Have been waiting for next steps since then. Processing office is Scarborough.

Been trying to reach the call center but get the usual standard reply from them.

Anyone else in the same boat as me. Appreciate any clues on the expected timelines.
Welcome to the hated group the November applicant's who did test in August we are all waiting let's see what they will do next year let's keep each other updated

Reactions: vivdiv

karem abd

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Contacted SCR office and got below response -

"Good day,

Our records show that your application is still being processed. As per the information on IRCC website, standard processing time for citizenship applications is 25 months."

Interestingly the response came around 11pm
Yep same generic response for everyone what's your timeline are you part of our hated group the people who applied in November and did test in August or you have different timeline ?

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018

@pripri14: sorry about their response. I know it must feel frustrating and painful.
i was wondering if you’d be considering requesting your GCMS notes from CIC. It would be good to see what exactly is causing the delay/no additional updates, and if there is something written there that you can address to help your application move forward. Just some suggestions based on what other members have done and have shared in our forum.
Take care. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pripri14

modysudan

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]LVO- RFI[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=red]3112[/color][/move]
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]24 Oct 2014 @ CIO[/color][/move]
Nomination.....
[move][color=blue]19 Feb 2015 PER[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
[move][color=red]12 Feb 2016 RIH[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]16 Feb 2016 [/color][/move]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
[move][color=red]18 Mar 2016 RIH[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
12-09-2016
* Family application filed Sep 2021 ( paper)
* AOR Dec 2021
* Fingerprint requested Jan 2022 ( my wife BG changed to complete)
* Test invitation Feb 2022 ( updated to complete 3 days after the test for both of us)
* BG status changed to complete Oct 2022
* BG status changed back to IP ( only me) Nov 2022

waiting for my GCMS note.

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Yes you need to send the signed copy of oath affirmation form after taking the oath to the same email id from which you received the oath invite. Make sure to include the processing officer's name in the subject line which they have provided during the oath.

No you will not receive any acknowledgement from IRCC but will get automatic email response to your email. Good luck
Thank you for clarifying.