+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I sent email as well today morning to "IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca" and within 1 hour I got reply that I have been scheduled for virtual oath on 12 December. Trackers are still same and may be it will be updated later. Finally I am also about to complete my citizenship process journey :)
@write2vicky:
Congratulations on your speedy reply with positive news!! Please let us know what you wrote on your email, such as, did you ask them about your application status, or what did you write about please.

Thank you! ☺

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
@write2vicky:
Congratulations on your speedy reply with positive news!! Please let us know what you wrote on your email, such as, did you ask them about your application status, or what did you write about please.

Thank you! ☺
I hope it will help you as well.

Subject: Citizenship process is stuck on Prohibition(Showing In progress)

Dear Officer,

I am <Name>. I have sent my citizenship application and my UCI number is <>. In my citizenship application tracker, Prohibitions is showing “In progress” while other fields(Language skills, Physical presence, Citizenship test and Background verification) are marked completed. Is it something that is not part of the background check and fingerprint submitted by me? I will be happy to provide information if it is required from my side to make the Prohibition field as completed. It would be helpful and great if I will see my citizenship process to be completed before the end of this year because I have been waiting for citizenship for the last 3.5 years.

Thanks,

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
I sent email as well today morning to "IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca" and within 1 hour I got reply that I have been scheduled for virtual oath on 12 December. Trackers are still same and may be it will be updated later. Finally I am also about to complete my citizenship process journey :)
Heartiest Congratulations! Can we email the Scarborough office to schedule the oath sooner after DM if one is waiting for a long time or should there be any urgent reason. If we can email them to schedule the oath around a certain time frame, then I guess there's no harm in trying right.

I applied in March 2021. My BG check got completed on Aug 16 2021 and test completed on September 30 2021. Since then there has been no update except on Oct 8 which I suppose was a system update. If one hasn't received DM for a long time like me, can we still email Scarborough office for faster DM? I have some personal reasons too due to which I need my citizenship process to be completed as early as possible.

Last edited:

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Interviews are not mandatory and are only done if the officer has doubt about something in your application. Earlier after the physical citizenship test in a testing centre, there used to be a meet and talk with an officer, so everyone had sort of an interview. These days getting an interview is not common although as you mentioned it has gone up in the last few weeks. However it is not anywhere near pre-pandemic levels. The vast majority of applicants had no interview till the DM stage.
Thanks for the clarification. Really appreciate it!

manu77

May 26, 2022
Does citizenship certificate comes through registered/courier or ordinary post ? I am asking whether someone needs to be at home for signing the receiving or postman will just drop the certificate at home ?
Ordinary post drop in ur mail box

ECHO-26

Nov 8, 2022
Hello,
I received an update for interview but its been a week no email or information is sent to me.
can anyone advice when i will get email or information regarding this interview?
secondly is it possible to do this interview online or not?
and what questions they will ask during this interview?

Rz21

Oct 19, 2022
My citizenship application status tracker for the past couple of days isn’t working all of a sudden, after entering the correct UCI & Password it goes to next loading page and the loading spinning wheels keep loading.

Anyone facing same issue with their tracker recently?

It was working after the Oct 13th update to tracker website.....this is only happening just from past couple of days.

ECHO-26

Nov 8, 2022
My citizenship application status tracker for the past couple of days isn’t working all of a sudden, after entering the correct UCI & Password it goes to next loading page and the loading spinning wheels keep loading.

Anyone facing same issue with their tracker recently?

It was working after the Oct 13th update to tracker website.....this is only happening just from past couple of days.
thank you for the information but mine is not for oath but mentioned as an interview with an official, and i have not received any email for instructions.
so i was wondering when i will receive the information.

Thanks

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
I hope it will help you as well.

Subject: Citizenship process is stuck on Prohibition(Showing In progress)

Dear Officer,

I am <Name>. I have sent my citizenship application and my UCI number is <>. In my citizenship application tracker, Prohibitions is showing “In progress” while other fields(Language skills, Physical presence, Citizenship test and Background verification) are marked completed. Is it something that is not part of the background check and fingerprint submitted by me? I will be happy to provide information if it is required from my side to make the Prohibition field as completed. It would be helpful and great if I will see my citizenship process to be completed before the end of this year because I have been waiting for citizenship for the last 3.5 years.

Thanks,
Thank you for your reply! I will consider writing an email too!!

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello,
I received an update for interview but its been a week no email or information is sent to me.
can anyone advice when i will get email or information regarding this interview?
secondly is it possible to do this interview online or not?
and what questions they will ask during this interview?
I am also in the same situation. My interview will be on November 14th but I didn’t get any email yet.

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Heartiest Congratulations! Can we email the Scarborough office to schedule the oath sooner after DM if one is waiting for a long time or should there be any urgent reason. If we can email them to schedule the oath around a certain time frame, then I guess there's no harm in trying right.

I applied in March 2021. My BG check got completed on Aug 16 2021 and test completed on September 30 2021. Since then there has been no update except on Oct 8 which I suppose was a system update. If one hasn't received DM for a long time like me, can we still email Scarborough office for faster DM? I have some personal reasons too due to which I need my citizenship process to be completed as early as possible.
I think if most the fields are marked completed then they will consider our request. But there is no harm in sending email

Canadianthisyear

Nov 8, 2022
Hi everyone,

Just sharing my timeline.

Type: Online application, Single
Application Office: Scarborough
Application submitted: Dec 6, 2021
AOR: Feb. 11, 2022
BG complete: Aug 30, 2022
Test Invite: Sep 2, 2022
Test Invite Email: Sep 7, 2022
Test Window: Sep 9, 2022 to Sep 29, 2022