+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
Yesterday I saw update on Background check which is marked completed because SCR office have received fingerprints result. But Prohibitions is still showing In progress. Language, Physical presence, test, background checks are marked completed. Prohibition is showing in Progress. Do anyone else also faced similar situation? I do not know how many steps they have to mark things green.
Prohibition is still showing in Progress in my case. Is there anyone in group who also faced similar situation? Is it worth to send email to SCR office for this?

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Does citizenship certificate comes through registered/courier or ordinary post ? I am asking whether someone needs to be at home for signing the receiving or postman will just drop the certificate at home ?

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.
Did you find out the answer for this?

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, my BG check and test were completed. So now would the next step be interview or direct DM? Unlike before, I'm seeing a lot of people receiving interviews before DM. Is an interview a mandatory step before DM these days?

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013
@write2vicky am in similar situation thinking of calling or send email let me know what you decide or any response from them thanks
In my case, Prohibitions is showing “In progress” while other fields(Language skills, Physical presence, Citizenship test and Background verification) are marked completed. Do you also have other fields marked completed? I have sent web-form for now.

rejjiin

Oct 16, 2019
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.
Hey - I just confirmed the same with the Consular office in my current country. You can apply for first passport from abroad.

Reactions: figsalad

General66

Jan 25, 2022
In my case, Prohibitions is showing “In progress” while other fields(Language skills, Physical presence, Citizenship test and Background verification) are marked completed. Do you also have other fields marked completed? I have sent web-form for now.
@write2vicky same thing prohibition in progress others completed. Let me know when they respond

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi, my BG check and test were completed. So now would the next step be interview or direct DM? Unlike before, I'm seeing a lot of people receiving interviews before DM. Is an interview a mandatory step before DM these days?
Interviews are not mandatory and are only done if the officer has doubt about something in your application. Earlier after the physical citizenship test in a testing centre, there used to be a meet and talk with an officer, so everyone had sort of an interview. These days getting an interview is not common although as you mentioned it has gone up in the last few weeks. However it is not anywhere near pre-pandemic levels. The vast majority of applicants had no interview till the DM stage.

Reactions: Jetrocker

write2vicky

Star Member
Nov 16, 2013

General66

Jan 25, 2022
I sent email as well today morning to "IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca" and within 1 hour I got reply that I have been scheduled for virtual oath on 12 December. Trackers are still same and may be it will be updated later. Finally I am also about to complete my citizenship process journey :)
@write2vicky happy for you and congrat, can you kindly share the email you sent them to my inbox and I can also try the same who knows thanks.