+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Scarborough Applicants - Online Test/Interview/DM/Oath

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Without background completion, they will not send test invite, they simply did not update. just wait for two weeks and see.
I even requested ATIP. Even according to the notes, security is passed, knowledge test passed, criminality in progress and everything else not started.

Reactions: aakif2013

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,
My background and test are completed but not my prohibitions, language, physical presence and oath.
I was curious as to the difference between background and prohibitions, as they seems really similar (based on online criteria) and I would think that if background was completed, so would prohibitions. Does anyone know the difference?

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hello,
My background and test are completed but not my prohibitions, language, physical presence and oath.
I was curious as to the difference between background and prohibitions, as they seems really similar (based on online criteria) and I would think that if background was completed, so would prohibitions. Does anyone know the difference?
It's an interesting question.

Usually physical, language and prohibition are all marked completed on the same day along with DM. Sometimes language alone is marked completed, and sometimes physical presence but as far as I've seen prohibtion is always done at the end.

I think background is initiated or even completed at the the time of intake (iirc). Whereas prohibition is the last action and is done at the local office level. It probably serves as a second look to make sure the initial background was ok as well as there's no new issue during the time the application has been under process (which can vary from a few months to several years). That's all I could guess.

Reactions: Evergreen_3034

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
It's an interesting question.

Usually physical, language and prohibition are all marked completed on the same day along with DM. Sometimes language alone is marked completed, and sometimes physical presence but as far as I've seen prohibtion is always done at the end.

I think background is initiated or even completed at the the time of intake (iirc). Whereas prohibition is the last action and is done at the local office level. It probably serves as a second look to make sure the initial background was ok as well as there's no new issue during the time the application has been under process (which can vary from a few months to several years). That's all I could guess.
Thank you for your reply and perspective! I’ve seen cases here where the background expires and applicants are required to resend their finger prints several times in their journey. So I guess the national/international background is rechecked as well as leaving prohibitions, more locally speaking, as part of covering various levels of the investigation of our conduct.
Thank you!

Reactions: figsalad

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Thank you for your reply and perspective! I’ve seen cases here where the background expires and applicants are required to resend their finger prints several times in their journey. So I guess the national/international background is rechecked as well as leaving prohibitions, more locally speaking, as part of covering various levels of the investigation of our conduct.
Thank you!
It's possible they redo the background for everyone yearly but only fingerprinted folks are more visible because for others they might do it internally without needing anything from the applicant. I don't know for sure if that's the case. Backlogged applicants with their GCMS notes would have a better idea than I do.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
It's possible they redo the background for everyone yearly but only fingerprinted folks are more visible because for others they might do it internally without needing anything from the applicant. I don't know for sure if that's the case. Backlogged applicants with their GCMS notes would have a better idea than I do.
Thank you!

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Thank you!
I am thinking Prohibitions would check something like if taxes have been filed...Whereas background check is related to security and criminality.

Ck124

Feb 6, 2018
Hi , my oath is scheduled for Nov 16. when will I get the email with the details. not sure if it's online or in person.
Also did anyone recently got any in-person ceremonies? my visa office is Scarborough
My oath is scheduled for Nov 15th..received the oath invite email today... so might not be far away for you... Visa office is scarborough as well...

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I have a citizenship interview on November 14th at the Scarborough office. I have not received any email from IRCC yet. useally how many days before I will get an email? any ideas please share... thank you.